7th flight - 7.9 hours in.. Too fun!

Old August 24th 04, 05:58 PM
JIM105

Default 7th flight - 7.9 hours in.. Too fun!

Rule number one. ALWAYS bring your CFI a snack and a drink when you show up.
It's a lot like feeding the animals at the zoo, they still might growl at you,
but they probably won't eat you for dinner.

Jim
Old August 25th 04, 04:45 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

Once in a while I'll bring my ground instructor a Slurpee.. So far it
hasn't done jack towards "freebies" on my quizzes. hehehe

So when do you think you might be doing the old solo thingy.
Old August 25th 04, 08:49 AM
TROLL WARNING

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

The user who has just posted here under the false identity
of [Shiver Me Timbers ] is a known troll in numerous newsgroups.

Comments by trolls, in general, are carefully crafted to
insult, belittle and ridicule with the express intent to
start flame wars. It is best to ignore posts from trolls
regardless of how tempting it may be to set them straight.
Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

Trolls enjoy antagonizing people. They are the type of
people who drive 20 miles under the limit in the fast lane
just to see how many people they can get upset.

Other recent identities used by this particular troll a

Speaking of Netiquette
Shiver Me Timbers
TO THE GROUP
PING - Sean Trost

Old August 26th 04, 02:08 PM
Micbloo

From: TROLL WARNING

HEY SHUT THE **** UP!!!!
Old August 26th 04, 07:44 PM
TROLL WARNING

This is an Automated Troll Alert System (ATAS) message.

The user who has just posted here under the false identity of:
[Shiver Me Timbers ]
is a known troll in numerous newsgroups.

Comments by trolls, in general, are carefully crafted to
antagonize people. It is best to ignore posts from trolls
regardless of how tempting it may be to set them straight.
Let this automated post be the final word to let everyone
know that what the troll wrote was not factual.

Trolls enjoy aggravating people. They are the type of
people who drive 20 miles under the limit in the fast lane
just to see how many people they can get upset.

For a history and explanation of trolls, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Old August 26th 04, 10:09 PM
2nd Abuse Complaint Made

Trolls enjoy aggravating people. They are the type of
people who drive 20 miles under the limit in the fast lane
just to see how many people they can get upset.

Dennis Hawkins is living proof of that.

TO THE GROUP ------ I have just made my second complaint
against Mr. Hawkins regarding his childish behaviour.

Feel free to join in and send your own abuse complaint
to his ISP.

Shiver
Old August 27th 04, 03:56 AM
el gran cantinflas

I sent them an abuse complaint. What did you do (or say) that made
Hawkins start this crap?

ref

Old August 27th 04, 05:04 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

el gran cantinflas wrote:

I sent them an abuse complaint.

Thank you for your consideration and help.

In ten years on the web I've never seen anyone act this
childish or in such a vindictive way before.

What did you do (or say) that made
Hawkins start this crap?

Some guy named Neb posted a message a few weeks ago and signed it with
some sort of electronic signature which looked kinda like a binary
atachment.

Dennis ragged on him for his transgression but in the process he quoted
back over two hundred lines of text...... So I kinda stuck my tongue
out and said speaking of netiquette, what about failure to trim posts.

Dennis didn't like that comment and over the next few days started to
argue with this Neb guy and confused me with Neb.

I pointed out the I was in Canada and Neb was in Ohio but he still
wanted to argue that we were the same person and accused me of
trolling the group, because I used two or three different signatures.

I pointed out that regardless of my signature that my IP addy was
static and always remained the same.

By then he was beside himself and threatened to make an abuse complaint
to my ISP....... I told him to go right ahead and ever since he has
been in a snit, and is either manually monitoring some of the groups I
post to including this one, or has a piece of software monitoring these
groups.

In any event right now.... Every time I post within a few hours or half
a day one of his obnoxious TROLL ALERT messages shows up.

Considering he was a regular contributor to this group he will have
some explaining to do if and when he ever shows his face here again.

TO THE GROUP ------ You know folks I do post in various newsgroups and
depending on the group (at times) I do use different names.

Now Dennis spent hours doing a GOOGLE search and after tracking
some of those groups down he couldn't wait to tell you all about me.

Funny thing is that he started off talking about some business groups
that I havn't posted to, or monitored in about two years.

and GAAAASSSSSPPPPPP..... He missed altogether the (adult)
personal newsgroup in Edmonton that I post to under the name
TIDDLES ( )

Now if anyone wants to go monitor that newsgroup for my hot
and steamy postings...... well you go right ahead.

I believe the last posting I made there was a few weeks ago when I
posted one of my famous pot roast recipies.

Talk about steamy..... Eh!!!!

But two can play the GOOGLE game and you might be surprised to know
that Mr. Hawkins AKA Dennis the Weasel likes to post in a poulty
newsgroup where people talk about chickens.

The reason I'm telling you this tidbit is because about ten months ago
he kinda tried to hijack that group by posting a FAQ and starting to
set people straight as to what were acceptable posts in that group.

Needles to say...... Every regular in the group told him to take a
hike, that a FAQ wasn't needed, and that the group got along
just fine without his attitude or comments.

After a few weeks of taking a public whiping from the majority he
finally settled down and stopped acting like he was the big cheesey.

Now folks..... Isn't this a fascinating post, doesn't it leave you
spellbound, and clamouring for more steamy details.

Now I did make a lasagna a few hours ago and it was delicious,
so if anyone wants...... I could post my lasagna recipie.

Or if you want I could totally change the subject and tell you another
helicopter story from my short and meagre collection.
Old August 27th 04, 11:17 PM
Beav

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
el gran cantinflas wrote:

I sent them an abuse complaint.

Thank you for your consideration and help.

In ten years on the web I've never seen anyone act this
childish or in such a vindictive way before.

You've not encountered Dennis fetters then.

Beav