Near Miss Reports

Old March 25th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Near Miss Reports

Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
time I get home.

Thanks in advance
Doug

Old March 25th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Doug Snyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
time I get home.

Thanks in advance
Doug

I've had a couple near misses, how about that!

DW

Old March 26th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Doug Snyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
time I get home.

There are the NASDAC reports, which have some interesting near-miss,
controller-error, dropped GPS waypoints, and other scary stuff.

http://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/pag..._schema=PORTAL

and click on the "query tool"

SR20 drivers might be interested in report 684189 about the effect of
minimal icing on the Cirrus flight characteristics.

Old March 26th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yikes! I guess!

....beginning to see why the parachute is STANDARD EQUIPMENT!

The comments on shedding the ice unevenly are interesting...

Dave

Old March 26th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Icebound" wrote in message

"Doug Snyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there someplace on the web that I can find and search near miss
reports. I searched this group, but didn't find an easy link. That, and
my wife is ready to go to dinner, so I'm hoping for an answer by the
time I get home.

There are the NASDAC reports, which have some interesting near-miss,
controller-error, dropped GPS waypoints, and other scary stuff.

http://www.nasdac.faa.gov/portal/pag..._schema=PORTAL

and click on the "query tool"

SR20 drivers might be interested in report 684189 about the effect of
minimal icing on the Cirrus flight characteristics.

I think the latest "FLYING" has an article on just that or it might be "AOPA
Pilot", I read it in one or the other.

DW