Plane 172 fun video

Old January 31st 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default Plane 172 fun video

NOTE Student did NOT know I was videoing until after the plane was
put to bed. I purposely did not tell him as I did not want to add to
any distraction factor.

Nice. What do you think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8KnBStSoM

Seems crazy.

-c

Old January 31st 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 31, 10:01*am, "gatt" wrote:
Nice. What do you think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8KnBStSoM

Seems crazy.

-c

Not seems..... Is.....

Like one of the comments left by somebody else, if he isn't dead
already, he will be.....

Allen

Old February 1st 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

wrote in message news:4b7cc164-6601-4008-ab21-do you
think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8KnBStSoM

Seems crazy.

Not seems..... Is.....

Like one of the comments left by somebody else, if he isn't dead
already, he will be.....

I just watched it again. I can't believe he made it between the two trees on
the dirt road. Guy's got balls where his brains need to be, but, he knows
how to keep it on the centerline.

-c

Old February 1st 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
There is a tape you can get that will do just that. You can glue it onto
your prop as well.

Yeppers. It is called turbulator tape. I have never heard of using on a
prop, but most of my time is in gliders. You can buy the magic stuff he
(About halfway down the page http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page29.htm )

Vaughn

Old February 1st 08, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
There is a tape you can get that will do just that. You can glue it
onto your prop as well.

Yeppers. It is called turbulator tape. I have never heard of
using on a
prop, but most of my time is in gliders. You can buy the magic stuff
he (About halfway down the page
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page29.htm )

Yeah, the inventors had it on a prop, alright. there was an article about
the stuff in Sport Aviation about ten yeas ago. You had to cyano it ot the
prop and apparently it was hard to keep there. A little rain and t was off.
They advocated putting it on all the struts and gear legs, to. Claimed
considerable performance increases.

Bertie
Old February 1st 08, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"gatt" wrote in
:

wrote in message news:4b7cc164-6601-4008-ab21-do
you think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8KnBStSoM

Seems crazy.

Not seems..... Is.....

Like one of the comments left by somebody else, if he isn't dead
already, he will be.....

I just watched it again. I can't believe he made it between the two
trees on the dirt road. Guy's got balls where his brains need to
be, but, he knows how to keep it on the centerline.

Doesn't look like he knows what his feet are for, though. A little hard to
be sure since my as wasn't actually on the seat, but I got a definite
sensation of being driven around as opposed to being flown around. Made me
kinda nauseous!

Bertie
Old February 1st 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Great vids. Thanks. But man! That is one bald tire! I hope they have
the matching left one.
Old February 1st 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 1, 5:35 am, AJ wrote:
Great vids. Thanks. But man! That is one bald tire! I hope they have
the matching left one.

As an instructor, I couldn't help noticing the length of the
float on landing, and the tiny pitch change after landing. I think,
based on the little I could see, that the approach was very fast, the
pilot flared very close to the surface and floated in ground effect
for a thousand feet and touched down still fast and therefore flat.
It's a common problem in flight training, and often the instructors
just let it happen. Many of them do the same thing. And the ditches or
fences at the end of the runways continue to claim airplanes.

Dan