mmmm Total bloody *******?

Old July 12th 07, 09:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default mmmm Total bloody *******?

I'm speechless, I fail to see why yEnc gets peoples backs up.
Personally I would kill base 64 and mime, totally out-dated. Never
mind their loss. Well mostly jm's, it seems I'm on his kill-filter
now.

Reading some of the correspondence I can see that indeed there are
some fascists among you. Hardline conservatives that react badly to
change and or things they don't understand.
I am willing to join in reasoned discussion and post pickies. If
certain people don't like what I say or post, I would expect reasoned
re-buttal not villification and kill-filter.

Jm's reaction to Leduc post:- Nope they ain't.

Why are they not worth it, oh yes I forgot yEnc.

Oh well, I will probably be leaving and not coming back, for the sake
of the few anal retentive fascists, I hope they're happy, I'm going to
the bar to sob in my beer...not.

"I have a cunning plan"

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old July 12th 07, 10:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Baldrick wrote:
I'm speechless, I fail to see why yEnc gets peoples backs up.
Personally I would kill base 64 and mime, totally out-dated. Never
mind their loss. Well mostly jm's, it seems I'm on his kill-filter
now.

Personal preferences I guess, everybody has their own (like arseholes) and
are keen to defend them.

Reading some of the correspondence I can see that indeed there are
some fascists among you. Hardline conservatives that react badly to
change and or things they don't understand.
I am willing to join in reasoned discussion and post pickies. If
certain people don't like what I say or post, I would expect reasoned
re-buttal not villification and kill-filter.

You ask for "reasoned discussion" and yet, you are reverting to personal
comments - how reasoned is that ?

Jm's reaction to Leduc post:- Nope they ain't.

Why are they not worth it, oh yes I forgot yEnc.

Oh well, I will probably be leaving and not coming back, for the sake
of the few anal retentive fascists, I hope they're happy, I'm going
to the bar to sob in my beer...not.

Frankly, I couldn't care less whether you stay or go, you're no loss to
me.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 12th 07, 11:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John B

Oh well, I will probably be leaving and not coming back, for the sake
of the few anal retentive fascists, I hope they're happy, I'm going to
the bar to sob in my beer...not.

Oh dear - what a pity! Never mind.

John B

Old July 12th 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Brunker

well Baldick - for those who have been here for a bloody lot longer than
yourself & have had this bloody arguement so many times with 'newbies' that
it is starting to wear very thin with the regular viewers.

There is FAQ for this group somewhere - forget where - but we decided to be
troglodites many many moons ago & we are quite happy living in this
benighted state.

I also humbly suggest that most of the stuff you are trying to post has been
seen by this group ages ago!!

The stuff Troy is posting is an example, of all his posts I have only seen 2
or 3 pictures that are new to me.

In this group we really enjoy new and unusual stuff. As I have not the time
nor inclination to embrace yEnc I don't see why you call us retarded.

BTW I am running dual nVidea 8800GTX cards in SLI to play video games & if
ya want all the other specs on my comp they would make ya eyes bleed.

So please don't diss us because we don't particular like something that adds
a level of complexity to a simple thing to save a 'poofteenth' of bandwidth
for really no extra visual advantage. In that ya also most probably believe
in global warming, tooth faries and santa claus.

Take ya pictures & ya yEnc and post them to a group that appreciates them,
when you have matured somewhat & see what contributions real enthusiasts
post come back to us please.

see ya

Conscious Pilate

Old July 12th 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Default ABPA FAQ/Guide - mmmm Total bloody *******?

Hello,

Jon Brunker a écrit :
There is FAQ for this group somewhere - forget where - but we decided to be
troglodites many many moons ago & we are quite happy living in this benighted
state.

Here are some pages :
http://home.wanadoo.nl/r.a.hofman/abpa-eng.html
http://aerophotointernational.com/guide.htm
http://www.photogshangar.com/GuideforABPA.htm
http://www.cocardes.com/abpa_en.htm

En en français
http://www.cocardes.com/abpa_fr.htm
http://d520.online.fr/ng/guide-abpa-fr.html

--
D520
Roundels of the World : http://cocardes.monde.online.fr

Old July 13th 07, 11:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Al Denelsbeck

Baldrick ) wrote in
:

[...]

I, uh, hate to be the one to tell you this, and in a public forum
and all, but the practice of calling people names over their disagreeing
with you is so, like, pre-pubescent, so disco era. You don't have to
explain why you are not going to sob in your beer, but what will you do
in your chocolate milk?

The part I like the most, however, are the ones who post
incessantly, repeatedly, and lengthily about the mighty efforts they're
putting forth to save bandwidth. Aside from the simple practice of
resizing their photos ever-so-slightly (hey, geezer, download Irfanview,
you can do it by the thousands), I have an even better idea how you can
save bandwidth ;-)

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain
Old July 13th 07, 01:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
chuck

Personally I don't see what all the flap is about Yenc. I just delete it
when ever it comes in. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Chuck

Old July 13th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default mmmm Total bloody *******? - pa38-112.jpg (1/1) [212K]

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:50:55 +0100, Chuck wrote
(in message ):

Personally I don't see what all the flap is about Yenc. I just delete it
when ever it comes in. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I don't see what the fuss is about either as I just see the images,
yEnced or not, without any intervention on my part. Ah, Hogwasher.

But I hope we won't see any more yEnc posts for a while because
they give rise to the sort of threads we've seen here recently.

And here's a non-yEnced picture of a Piper Tomahawk for everyone to
enjoy (or not, as the case may be).

--

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pa38-112.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	14052
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pa38-112.jpg (291.7 KB, 47 views)
Old July 14th 07, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Felix D.

"Baldrick" wrote in message

Oh well, I will probably be leaving and not coming back, for the sake
of the few anal retentive fascists, I hope they're happy, I'm going to
the bar to sob in my beer...not.

Ah, c'mon. Post something here anyway without doing the yEnc thing.
There's lots of folks out here would like to see what you got but don't have
yEnc. Anyone giving you heat about it is just venting.

"I have a cunning plan"

Old July 14th 07, 03:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Felix D.

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
46.128...

I, uh, hate to be the one to tell you this, and in a public forum
and all, but the practice of calling people names over their disagreeing
with you is so, like, pre-pubescent, so disco era.

Step on over to talk.politics.guns and hang on. You ain't seen nothing.