Colibri and Winpilot PRO

Old February 21st 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Colibri and Winpilot PRO

Ted,

Recent versions of WinPilot allow you to put the terrain files on a SD
card or a CF card, you would only be limited by the memory of the Card.
Then select the terrain from the files menu in the WinPilot Sim as
many as you want.

Old February 21st 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Richard,

When you say "Recent versions", can you be more specific?

I have 6.09 and I was not able to get it to do that.

-ted

Old February 21st 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ted,

It works with 6.09. Put all the .wp3 files you want on the SD card.
Start the simulator and go menu more files touch the wp3 box and the
files will show in the bottom box USA_OR.wp3(card) move as many as
you want to the upper box and normally shutdown WinPilot.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old February 21st 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tuno - old trick by old guys to slow down new guys!

Anyway - my philosophy is to have just enough stuff to tell me what I
need to know, and enough redundancy to if any one thing dies on the
first day of a contest can still finish a week of racing.

I'm just about there!

I went with WinPilot because of the airport database, which I think is
better than MCUs. I usually fly with the fancy color maps turned off,
so that's not a big factor - although I have no trouble setting up maps
for all areas I've been flying. I really just use the PDA for
continuous alternate data and task lines, with only AGL and local time
navboxes.

I haven't toyed with MCU in a couple of years so I probably should take
another look at the demo.

I'm also running WP 6.09, I'll bring my PDA with me the next time I
come out to Turf (hopefully in a couple of weeks) and we can compare
setups.

I just missed you guys Sunday - did some commercial rides in the 2-32
and it was obvious the gang was going to have a great day!

Kirk
66

Old February 22nd 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

66 --

Yeah Sunday was a good day but I did have to practice my low saves a
few times!

I'm going to give Richard's suggestion a try with the file locations.

Richard: one more thing -- another persistent problem I've had with WP
Pro is that the Climb Maximizer will "reset" a bunch of times while
circling, starting over with a blank screen and no suggestion arrow. I
have two sources to connect it to (C-302 and LX-7000, soon to be
LX-7007) and have tried both but the problem exists with each. It
doesn't matter whether I have "Fast exit" selected in the options.

~ted/2NO

Winpilot and Colibri Problems ttaylor at cc.usu.edu Soaring 9 June 6th 05 06:44 PM
Lx 1600 vs Borgelt 50 Glen Kelley Soaring 7 March 27th 05 06:18 PM
For Sale: LX160 Paul Remde Soaring 3 January 19th 05 12:24 PM
Which Logger? tango4 Soaring 15 October 5th 03 01:12 AM