tell me about a career in aviation without a medical

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20th 05, 04:35 AM
buttman

Default tell me about a career in aviation without a medical

I'm pursuing a career in aviation, but there are something in my life
that have sort of been a sort of slow train coming during in the past
10 years or so. I think it is finally time I take care of these things,
and as a result, I will most likley be put on medication that will void
my medical certificate.

Right now I am doing my CFI training which I should finish up before
Thanksgiving, and my commercial checkride is scheduled for a week from
today. I know that once I lose my medical I can't do any part 119 or 91
operations, but I heard you can do flight instruction, is that correct?
If I decide to be a flight instructor, I can do that as long as the
student has at least a private (to act as PIC), correct?

If word got out that I'm under medication, will that effect the amount
of students come to me?

If I felt that my condition was not safe to fly, I would definatly not
even try it, but you know how it is, other people always think they
know more about your body than you do...