Anti Aviation

Old August 15th 03, 05:54 PM
Dan Luke

noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution

Thankfully it appears that my ISP filters THAT particular group out...

He misspelled it. It's alt.activism.noise.pollution (two l's)

Old August 15th 03, 06:04 PM
Jay Honeck

Filters the group? Doubtful. Rather, your ISP probably does not add an
obscure group unless asked.

If you send them an email asking for the group to be added, they probably
would.

God help me, the LAST thing I need is to spend MORE time on line, arguing
with nutcases worried about "noise pollution"...

No, I'll just be quietly thankful that my ISP has eliminated that option for
me!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 03, 06:53 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:42:25 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

If you want to read a rather unbalanced approach, particularly to
noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution

Thankfully it appears that my ISP filters THAT particular group out...

It's a group I'd have them put on...They need watching. They
sometimes advocate things that are far beyond legal. Things in today's
climate that I'd not even joke about.

Actually after following that group for a while I'm surprised that the
FBI hasn't paid a couple them a visit. After all there is no such
thing as being anonymous on the net...not to those who know how to
find you, and those who have the authority to get the information.

It's an interesting group to watch...once in a while some one has a
legit complaint that is well presented. Also a pilot might get a
"heads up" on something brewing in their area.

Most are the "far out" fringe who are so far out that the authorities
ignore them and they can't understand why.

Typically "I think" in many of the posts only "part of the story gets
told" and in real life things are not at all as they are presented.

There are some who in their far out radical ways could present a
threat to aviation in one form or another from organizing neighborhood
groups to "let your imagination be your guide. (we had to spend
several years defusing one of those in an expensive subdivision right
off the end of 18 and most of it was instigated by one person getting
the rest of the neighborhood riled so *they* would do the
complaining).

Roger
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Old August 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:04:25 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Filters the group? Doubtful. Rather, your ISP probably does not add an
obscure group unless asked.

If you send them an email asking for the group to be added, they probably
would.

God help me, the LAST thing I need is to spend MORE time on line, arguing
with nutcases worried about "noise pollution"...

No, with that group you wouldn't want to argue, although a few of us
do occasionally try to make a well reasoned statement. I see an
occasional name I recognize.

No, I'll just be quietly thankful that my ISP has eliminated that option for
me!

They don't even bother my blood pressure.

They are something you really should monitor. Most of the stuff is so
far out in left field I don't even feel a desire to try and reason or
set them straight.

There is a lot claimed that is hardly likely to have happened in the
manner claimed.

Old August 15th 03, 06:59 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:54:20 -0500, "Dan Luke"
c172rgATbellsouthDOTnet wrote:

noise... go over to alt.activism.noise.polution

Thankfully it appears that my ISP filters THAT particular group out...

He misspelled it. It's alt.activism.noise.pollution (two l's)

Blame the spell checker in Agent. :-))

Old August 15th 03, 09:22 PM
gblack

:
: If you send them an email asking for the group to be added, they
probably
: would.
:
: God help me, the LAST thing I need is to spend MORE time on line,
arguing
: with nutcases worried about "noise pollution"...
:
: No, I'll just be quietly thankful that my ISP has eliminated that
option for
: me!
:
Most of us in here would prefer to hear the noise and keep hearing the
noise.
Silence is not an option outside sailplanes
George Black

http://www.koekejunction.hnpl.net/

Old August 15th 03, 09:44 PM
Kevin McCue

We used to get complaints from homeowners about noise when we flew R/C
sailplanes!

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old August 15th 03, 11:09 PM
Ash Wyllie

Gently extracted from the mind of Snowbird;

Larry Fransson wrote in message
In article ,
"hillbilly_hippo" wrote:
I simply cannot believe that there is a person that posts there that is
advocating banning medi-vac helicopters simply because the NOISE disturbs
him!

Believe it. It's true.

Children's Hospital in Seattle has a helipad, but it doesn't get used
much. Only truly "emergent" flights can use it. The rest have to fly
to a helipad at the north end of the University of Washington athletic
fields and go the rest of the way (a couple of miles) by ambulance.
There is a committee of local homeowners around the hospital that review
the records from flights that use the hospital's helipad in order to
determine if it was truly emergent and justified.

Is there a committe of health care professionals that review the
records from "non emergent" flights to determine if any patients
condition deteriorated during the extra transfer to ambulance and
the 2 mile trip to the hospital?

If there isn't, there ought ta be.

What happens if these busy-bodies decide a flight was not justified?

Sydney (not cheering)

PS our airport gets a lot of noise complaints. they maintain a
map, along with time and date of complaint if it can be determined.
it's very interesting. basically what it boiled down to was, a
large number of complaints from a very small number of locations,
and when the basis for the complaint could be determined it was
often a commercial jetliner flying overhead at 3,000-5,000 ft,
not even a plane landing at our airport!

There is a wonderful story about the flight testing of the Concorde way back
when.

The testers would publish schedules of the Concorde going supersonic over
land. One day a last minute glitch prevented the Concorde from taking off. It
did not prevent a lot of complaints and broken window claims. After that no
schedules were published and few complaints were recorded.

-ash
for assistance dial MYCROFTXXX