New Italian GPS/Vario forGliders

Old October 25th 04, 11:01 AM
fcuk'n

Default New Italian GPS/Vario forGliders

FYI,

http://www.glider.it/

'Glass Panel' for Gliders, looks great if it works!

Cheers,

f'n

Old October 25th 04, 05:26 PM

"fcuk'n" writes:

http://www.glider.it/

'Glass Panel' for Gliders, looks great if it works!

They call themselves `NT' and use WinPilot...

You have their box, and I'll take the Eta then stick a panel of
Mike Borgelts stuff into it!

How many people know that one of the best glider instrument sets is
made in AU? Well, in Qld anyway.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.
Old October 29th 04, 02:27 AM
Guy Byars

I like my new panel better. Airspeed, Compass, Altimeter, and pellet vario.
Anything more is just a distraction!

http://www.gfbyars.com/SGU1-20/P9050171.JPG

Stop by the Schweizer 1-20 Homepage and see the restoration progress:

http://www.gfbyars.com/SGU1-20

Guy Byars

Old October 29th 04, 04:29 AM
Eric Greenwell

Guy Byars wrote:

I like my new panel better. Airspeed, Compass, Altimeter, and pellet vario.
Anything more is just a distraction!

http://www.gfbyars.com/SGU1-20/P9050171.JPG

Stop by the Schweizer 1-20 Homepage and see the restoration progress:

Well, you better put in a vario with an audio, or you will spend most
your time looking at the pellets, then you'll spend the rest of your
time looking at the compass because you'll be so lost you'll need it!

In keeping with age of the 1-20, I suggest the 50's Bolanger (sp?)
"whistle" vario, which used miniature whistles in place of the pellet
tubes. "Up" was higher pitched than "down". The only drawback was the
6.5 liter capacity needed to operate the little whistles, but any
Schweizer will have enough room for that.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA