Soaring opportunities in Australia

Old October 28th 04, 12:25 AM
Paul Lynch

Default Soaring opportunities in Australia

My job is sending me to Australia for the month of November. I expect to be
at Nowra and Perth, plus other places yet to be announced. What kind of
soaring opportunities are available?

Paul

Old October 28th 04, 12:45 AM
John Giddy

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:25:41 -0400, Paul Lynch wrote:

My job is sending me to Australia for the month of November. I expect to be
at Nowra and Perth, plus other places yet to be announced. What kind of
soaring opportunities are available?

Paul

Paul,
Have a look at the Gliding Federation of Australia web site at
www.gfa.org.au
There is a section on "Gliding Clubs" sorted into different States.
There are very few commercial gliding operations in Oz. From my memory
these are in inland New South Wales and South Australia.
Cheers, John G.
Old October 28th 04, 01:38 AM
jorgie

Paul,

John is correct in that there are only a few commercial operations, and
a handful of 7 days a week operations. In general most clubs operate on
weekends and public holidays.

November is the start of the soaring season in South Australia so I
would image Perth and New South Wales would be able the smae. The
soaring is great and the possibilities endless.

All clubs are listed with the GFA and we are quite friendly so contact
by email for intial options would be a good start.

Regards

Sean

--
jorgie
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old October 28th 04, 04:25 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

In 1996 I had a business trip to Australia and was able to spend a day at
Sportavia in Tocumwal. It is on the South border of New South Wales along
the Murray river - a few hours drive North of Melbourne. Since I had only a
single day to fly I shot the works and reserved a Nimbus 4DM with Ingo
Renner as my instructor. The weather in early December was fantastic and we
had a fun 5 hour flight covering 400 km or so. I learned a lot and had a
ball. It was expensive, but worth every penny.

I have links to Sportavia and other Australian soaring sites on my Soaring
Links site he
http://www.soaring-links.com/sites.htm#Australia

There are a few photos of Ingo and I with the Nimbus 4DM on my soaring
photos page he
http://www.soarmn.com/paul_remde/pau...ing_photos.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old October 28th 04, 09:23 AM
Mal

Nowra is south of Sydney they did have a gliding operation but Nowra is a
defence base for the NAVY so 911 fixed that.

Sydney Clubs Southern Cross Gliding Club I have been a member there since
1982 bring your log books http://www.gliding.com.au/.

http://www.mals.net/contactus.htm send me your email address I will send you
my contact details if that helps for when you arrive.

http://www.gfa.org.au/clubs/ for other clubs.

http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/ma...ctionsEntry.do
for help to get your bearings.

Mal

Old October 29th 04, 10:00 AM

"Paul Lynch" writes:

My job is sending me to Australia for the month of November. I
expect to be at Nowra and Perth, plus other places yet to be
announced. What kind of soaring opportunities are available?

GCWA operate at Cunderdin every weekend, thing are just getting
into full swing. Website is
http://www.glidingwa.com.au/
and has contact phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

Others are Beverly and Narrogin, links to them from above.

Not sure who is around Nowra, look on the GFA site and see.

I guess `Perth' means Stirling in your case?

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.