US Election (in fact, on topic)

Old October 30th 04, 01:50 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Default US Election (in fact, on topic)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Soaring Community...

I have received, over the past two weeks, nearly a dozen long emails,
in all cases authored by persons other than the sender (all of whom
are contributors to this group), in all cases warning me of the ills
we might face if we don't maintain the status quo, in all cases
leveraging the rhetoric of propoganda, and finally, and most sadly,
implying that for true American patriots committed to democratic
priciples, there is no choice.

Please examine your computers for viruses which might be sending out
political invectice without your knowledge. And if, in these last
days, you find your own passions so overwhelming that you are willing
to quote in whole and at length the diatribes of extremists, please
remove me once and for all from you email lists.

Vote for who you will. Send me your own words if you like. As someone
who shares your passion for flight, I'm willing to listen and comment.
But please stop forwarding these shabby excuses for arguments of
reason. They are wasted on many of us and shine a very poor light on
the sender.

OC

Old October 31st 04, 01:44 AM
Shawn

Mal wrote:
Is this one rigged like the last one you had over there.

No way! That was small 'taters.
Here's how W is trying to incite badness in the US
http://www.democracynow.org/article..../10/29/1414225
I suspect it will fail. The Supreme Court is a bit more rational than
Asscrap.
In the interest of staying on topic. The candidate I'll vote for is the
glider pilot.
:-)

Shawn