LS-1 sailplanes in the USA

Old November 1st 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Default LS-1 sailplanes in the USA

I am assisting in researching the current details of the six LS-1
sailplanes that flew at the 1970 World Championships at Marfa,
Texas. Specifically looking for those LS-1's that flew at Marfa that
might be registered now in the USA.

1970 Standard Class champion was Helmut Reichmann of Germany flying
D-0564, competition # "84".
USA Team Member A. J Smith flew N9838, competition # "1".

Details on present owners and location?

Thanks,
Burt Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas USA
Old November 1st 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

On Nov 1, 12:58*pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
I am assisting in researching the current details of the six LS-1
sailplanes that flew at the 1970 World Championships at Marfa,
Texas. * Specifically looking for those LS-1's that flew at Marfa that
might be registered now in the USA.

1970 Standard Class champion was Helmut Reichmann of Germany * *flying
D-0564, competition # "84".
USA Team Member A. J Smith flew N9838, competition # "1".

Details on present owners and location?

Thanks,
Burt Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas USA

I owned N11RQ s/n 20 until last year. It is now in Mississippi after
having the wings refinished. This was Henri Stouff's glider.
Reichmann's ship is N564L s/n 27 owned by Ray Lovinggood in North
Carolina
Old November 2nd 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

On Nov 1, 3:58*pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
I am assisting in researching the current details of the six LS-1
sailplanes that flew at the 1970 World Championships at Marfa,
Texas. * Specifically looking for those LS-1's that flew at Marfa that
might be registered now in the USA.

1970 Standard Class champion was Helmut Reichmann of Germany * *flying
D-0564, competition # "84".
USA Team Member A. J Smith flew N9838, competition # "1".

Details on present owners and location?

Thanks,
Burt Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas USA

Burt,

Kevin is right: I have N-564L. It came in as D-0564 and there is an
entry in the log book that states this is the glider flown by Dr.
Reichmann when he won the World Championship in 1970 at your home
base. Burt, you say you are assisting someone. I would like to get
in touch with that person.

Thanks
Ray Lovinggood
Current caretaker of N-564L

Please ID 3 sailplanes Every time Soaring 4 August 20th 08 09:34 PM
Sailplanes for sale Rocco Caruso Soaring 0 March 23rd 04 03:47 PM
Spinproof sailplanes Slingsby Soaring 0 January 30th 04 02:46 AM
50+:1 15m sailplanes Paul T Soaring 92 January 19th 04 01:59 AM
sailplanes for sale Jerry Marshall Soaring 1 October 21st 03 03:51 AM