A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

US Contest Rules Committee Meeting Minutes

Old December 16th 17, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default US Contest Rules Committee Meeting Minutes

Hello US contest pilots.
The Minutes of the annual Fall Rules Subcommittee meeting are available on the SSA web site in the usual location under sailplane racing, rules and process.
Please look them over.
This was announced by way of the SSA list server 4 days ago with a request that recipients reply to UH indicating that they have gotten the message by providing their name and e- mail address. The objective is to compare to the ranking list and determine whether our messages are getting out to pilots. We believe it is possible that filters may be blocking our communications to some people.
If you have flown a contest in the last 3 years, and did not get our message, please reply to me using the utility on this site and advise me of this.
We need this information to better serve our friends in contest soaring.
Happy Holidays to all

UH
RC Chair
Old December 16th 17, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

The document listed under 2017 Fall Rules Committee Meeting Minutes is dated December 2016 and appears to apply to changes for 2017.

Am I missing something?

Lou
Old December 16th 17, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 12:58:39 PM UTC-8, MNLou wrote:
The document listed under 2017 Fall Rules Committee Meeting Minutes is dated December 2016 and appears to apply to changes for 2017.

Am I missing something?

Lou

Hi Lou,

You may have clicked on the wrong link - or experience some other technical error. The correct document is at the link below, and should be dated November 11, 2017 - right at the top of the first page. I can certify that it is the correct document - I drafted it:

http://www.ssa.org/files/member/2017...inutes%201.pdf

Andy Blackburn
9B
Old December 17th 17, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Thanks very much Andy.

I went back to the SSA website and did exactly what I did earlier - with the exception that I logged in this time.

This time, the right document came up.

Weird -

Lou
Old December 19th 17, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]
external usenet poster

These minutes of the fall SSA contest rules committee reveal a prodigious amount of time and effort over the last year by five high caliber guys. Thanks RC for bringing your talents to the enhancement of our sport!

Karl Striedieck

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 9:05:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello US contest pilots.
The Minutes of the annual Fall Rules Subcommittee meeting are available on the SSA web site in the usual location under sailplane racing, rules and process.
Please look them over.
This was announced by way of the SSA list server 4 days ago with a request that recipients reply to UH indicating that they have gotten the message by providing their name and e- mail address. The objective is to compare to the ranking list and determine whether our messages are getting out to pilots. We believe it is possible that filters may be blocking our communications to some people.
If you have flown a contest in the last 3 years, and did not get our message, please reply to me using the utility on this site and advise me of this.
We need this information to better serve our friends in contest soaring.
Happy Holidays to all

UH
RC Chair

Old December 19th 17, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hear! hear! Well done RC. Can never satisfy the masses. You call'em Ill fly'em!