OLC

Old October 18th 04, 04:49 PM
G.A. Seguin

Default OLC

Hi.
The 2004 OLC champion for glider without an engine is a US pilot,Doug
Levy in a 1-26. Quite an achievement considering the level of
competition in OLC.
Congratulation Doug.
S6
Old October 18th 04, 10:03 PM

I propose a new OLC rule for 2005 to break Doug's monopoly: devalue
legs flown along the Whites/Inyos by 50%.

Old October 19th 04, 01:36 PM
Waduino

That's amazing. I'm new to soaring and flying a 1-26 and I never would have
guessed that a 1-26 could win. From the second comment it sounds like this
is a habit. What does he do that no one else can do following along in a
DG-800 or whatever?

Wad.

m...

Old October 19th 04, 02:11 PM
Bert Willing

He didn't win, he is on the highest ranking of those without an engine.

But still, quite an accomplishment !!

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

Old October 19th 04, 11:09 PM
G.A. Seguin

"G.A. Seguin" wrote in message
m...
Hi.
The 2004 OLC champion for glider without an engine is a US pilot,Doug
Levy in a 1-26. Quite an achievement considering the level of
competition in OLC.
Congratulation Doug.
S6

Hi,
He has the right handicap and fly at the right location. he also does it often
posting some 40 flight.
S6
Old October 20th 04, 06:07 AM
Carl Czech

I've seen Doug fly on days that had others on the ground. And as far
as the "ease" of flying on the Whites and Inyos, consider the converse
of the terrific lift--horrendous sink. The 1-26 isn't exactly a
penetrator, so things probably even out.

The only thing that ****es me off is being aced out of those retrieve
dinners when Doug makes those ridiculous saves. That, and waiting for
him to finish those 8-hour diamond distance flights. He is kinda
slow...

CC

Old October 20th 04, 08:14 AM
Janos Bauer

Bert Willing wrote:
He didn't win, he is on the highest ranking of those without an engine.

But still, quite an accomplishment !!

2004 season was finished at 11th of October, and Levy Doug finished on
first place with 5431,97 point.

/jancsika
Old October 20th 04, 08:53 AM
Bert Willing

That's for "Gliders w/o engine".

On overall score, Klaus Ohlmann is first with 10170.82 points, Levy is 6th.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

Old October 20th 04, 01:31 PM
Waduino

What am I (are you) missing? Most (OLC) gliders don't have engines. Most
(OLC) gliders outperform a 1-26. This guy must be doing something special,
or the handicap is too generous. I'm just an impressed neophyte.
Wad.

"Bert Willing" wrote in
message ...

Old October 22nd 04, 04:03 AM
Steve Bralla

"G.A. Seguin" wrote in message
The 2004 OLC champion for glider without an engine is a US pilot,Doug
Levy in a 1-26. Quite an achievement considering the level of
competition in OLC.
Congratulation Doug.
S6

Hi,
He has the right handicap and fly at the right location. he also does it
often posting some 40 flight.
S6

You forgot to say that he is a good pilot too. I always use Doug as an example
of someone who flies his glider to it's full potential/performance. (I use
myself as an example of someone who buys more potential/performance.)
Way to go Doug!
Steve