Postponed 3 students due to TSA

Old October 21st 04, 02:52 AM
Leon McAtee

"ADP" wrote in message ...
No doubt you've heard of civil disobedience.
A stupid rule promulgated by stupid people
should be ignored.

If we are not willing to do what we believe
is right, perhaps the terrorists have already
won the war.

Yes I know, you fear retribution. So did
the framers of the Constitution; they did what
they believed was right in spite of that fear.

Perhaps it is time that we (all of us) stand
against rules that are illogical, stupid, self-serving
and have no impact on terrorist activities
whatsoever.

Just a thought.

Allan

And a VERY good one! I had planed to follow this course of
action....or is it inaction?

"Papers? No I don't need to see them, let's just go fly" 40 years
ago they called it a "sit in". Same idea.

Some will cry that we are anarchist, but even if that's true anarchy
has got to be more rational than the what lies at the end of the road
down which we seem to be traveling.

====================
Leon McAtee
Looks like I just messed up a possible career with TSA :-)
Old October 21st 04, 05:54 AM
Roger Worden

The alien training rule was amended today. See the AOPA web site.

The rule no longer applies to BFRs, just new certificates and ratings.
CFI's no longer have to keep copies of the ID, just log it in the student's
logbook.

Old October 21st 04, 08:59 AM
CV

Nyal Williams wrote:
This isn't Communism; it's Fascism. Communism is about
economic organization; Fascism is about behavioral
control. I despise both.

Splitting hairs. Communism cannot be upheld unless
you have fascism as well. Communism also means the
stranglehold of pointless bureaucratic hell in all
areas of life. The comparison to communist systems
is perfectly valid.
CV

Old October 21st 04, 09:10 AM
CV

CV wrote:
Splitting hairs. Communism cannot be upheld unless
you have fascism as well. Communism also means the
stranglehold of pointless bureaucratic hell in all
areas of life. The comparison to communist systems
is perfectly valid.

Just remembered a good example of this. During the
communist times, in Roumania you needed a licence
to own a typewriter !

.... and that's the kind of system you're all headed for ...

Cheers CV

Old October 21st 04, 10:20 AM
Iwo Mergler

CV wrote:

CV wrote:

Splitting hairs. Communism cannot be upheld unless
you have fascism as well. Communism also means the
stranglehold of pointless bureaucratic hell in all
areas of life. The comparison to communist systems
is perfectly valid.

Just remembered a good example of this. During the
communist times, in Roumania you needed a licence
to own a typewriter !

Yes, and you had to deposit a sample page of said
typewriter with the secret police, so you can be
identified, in case you write anything the government
doesn't approve of. Good old times... ;^)

Regards,

Iwo
Old October 21st 04, 05:05 PM
Nyal Williams

Hair splitting is entirely in order. You are right
that fascism is a necessary part of communism, but
you can certainly have fascism without communism.
You are getting it right now out of TSA.

Old October 21st 04, 09:40 PM
Robert Ehrlich

CV wrote:

Nyal Williams wrote:
This isn't Communism; it's Fascism. Communism is about
economic organization; Fascism is about behavioral
control. I despise both.

Splitting hairs. Communism cannot be upheld unless
you have fascism as well.

Depends what is the definition of Communism. I heard
some avocates of the kibbutz system in Israel saying that
this was the true communism. It may disputed if this true
as well as if it is a successful economic organization,
but as an economic organization it is a kind of communism.
However, as far as I know, it doesn't imply fascism.
Old October 21st 04, 10:09 PM
CV

Robert Ehrlich wrote:
CV wrote:
Splitting hairs. Communism cannot be upheld unless
you have fascism as well.

Depends what is the definition of Communism. I heard
some avocates of the kibbutz system in Israel saying that
this was the true communism. It may disputed if this true
as well as if it is a successful economic organization,
but as an economic organization it is a kind of communism.
However, as far as I know, it doesn't imply fascism.

Could be so. I know nothing about the kibbutzes.
I was talking about whole countries.
CV

Old October 21st 04, 10:17 PM
Jim Vincent

Depends what is the definition of Communism. I heard
some avocates of the kibbutz system in Israel saying that
this was the true communism.

I don't think true communism is heavily subsidized by the USA.

Jim Vincent
N483SZ
illspam
Old October 21st 04, 10:19 PM
Mark James Boyd

If you aren't a member of AOPA, you should QUICKLY look into it.

--

Mark J. Boyd