I've picked my plane

Old April 15th 05, 04:38 AM
Carl / KG6YKL

Default I've picked my plane

Okay, here is my aircraft. Now, does anybody have a 0% APR loan with
120 mos differed payments?

MX-7-180C Star Rocket - Taildragger with 76” Hartzell Constant Speed
Prop and Spring Aluminum Gear. Lycoming 0-360 180 hp engine with the
enhanced performance of a constant speed propeller.

$136,230.00 Base Price w/ standard equipment
$800 Paint Option: Gull Gray Base 2015, Midnight Blue

Primary Stripe 2013, Dark Charcoal Velour 3703-44
$2125.00 Complete Berkshire Elephant leather seat and side
panel centers and door pockets., including the sides,
back and pockets on pilot and copilot seats. Complete
leather passenger seats.
$300 Lowes Grey Instrument Panel
$500 28 Volt System Upgrade for IFR Packages
$10,233.00 S-Tec System 50 Autopilot
$995 Bose Aviation Headset X (Triport Technology - ANR)
$995 Bose Aviation Headset X (Triport Technology - ANR)
$65 Bose Install Harness (each headset)
$65 Bose Install Harness (each headset)
$221 Tires and Tubes 8.50x6 - Tailwheel Models Only
$200 Clear Windshield
$686 Observation Doors
$686 Observation Windows
$2900 Super Sky Light w/ Cover
$627 Swing-Out Window - Copilot
$700 Auxiliary Fuel Tanks (85 gallons total)
$390 Dynamic Balancing for Propeller
$259 Grab Handles on Fuselage (L/R)
$450 Ground Service Plug
$210 Hour Meter
$251 Landing Light - Right Wing
$1834 Shoulder Harness Set (4 point) (Pilot and Copilot)
---------------
$161,722.00 Sub Total
$12,533.4550 Tax
===============
$174,255.4550 GRAND TOTAL

Sorry just having fun.

Carl
Old April 15th 05, 04:57 AM
John E. Carty

I'd like the same financing options for a new Maverick jet, though the cost
is roughly 2 million :-)
Max Cruise - 412 kts.
Max Range - 1,508 nm.
Ceiling - 31,000 ft.
Rate of Climb - 3,000 ft./min
Rate of Climb (Single Engine) - 1,300 ft./min.
Take-off Distance (Std. Gross Wgt.) - 1,800 ft.
Landing Distance (flaps) - 1,900 ft.
Stall Speed (Gross Wgt.) - 78 kts.
Stall Speed (Empty Wgt.) - 70 kts.

Empty Weight - 2,900 lbs.
Gross Weight - 5,800 lbs.
Useful Load - 2,900 lbs.
Length - 28.5 ft.
Wingspan - 33.25 ft.
Height - 9 ft.
Wing Area - 144.6 sq. ft.
Wing Loading - 36 lbs./sq.ft.
Fuel Capacity - 380 USG
Engines ( Fanjets - 1,100 lbs. thrust each ) - (2) Williams International
FJ33-4
Cabin Size - 52" wide, 43" high, 104" long
Cabin Seating - 5 adults
Baggage Area - 35 cubic ft.
Air Frame - Pre-preg Carbon/Fiber/Nomex

Old April 15th 05, 06:06 AM
BTIZ

heck... if you want to have fun... you don't need a $10K autopilot.. unless
you are planning on single pilot IFR...

while your at it... I'll take the Maule 260HP Orion, conventional gear of
course.. and don't forget the glider tow hook

BT

Old April 15th 05, 11:50 AM
Maule Driver

Made my day....
7 years ago I picked up a MX7-180a with 35 hours:
fixed pitch prop
old style gear
no frills, just the basics
pair of DCs thrown in
.....for about 1/3rd the price - $59k

Added $12k of electronics and stuff for some real IFR capability
....and then hand flew 1000hours worth of slow speed, easy, low
maintenance travel in my paint chipped little baby. Sweet

Two questions pop into mind -
How much faster does the constant speed 180 go than the fixed pitch? I
get 114 knots at 2500rpms at 4,000'

Is the book price that my local tax authority quotes ($82k) real?

Old April 16th 05, 12:16 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-04-15, BTIZ wrote:
heck... if you want to have fun... you don't need a $10K autopilot.. unless
you are planning on single pilot IFR...

Hell, it's less than the tax. And I can assure you my S-Tec 50 flies
better than my 1040!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old April 16th 05, 01:57 AM
BTIZ

Hell, it's less than the tax. And I can assure you my S-Tec 50 flies
better than my 1040!

I'll agree to that.. !!!

BT

Old April 16th 05, 09:05 PM
Vaughn

"BTIZ" wrote in message
and don't forget the glider tow hook

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed that was missing.

Vaughn

Old April 16th 05, 09:26 PM
Carl / KG6YKL

Vaughn wrote:
"BTIZ" wrote in message

and don't forget the glider tow hook

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed that was missing.

Although soaring is great, I'm not stopping my fun to tow planes into
the air! I'll leave that to the Pawnees of the world.

Carl
Old April 16th 05, 09:36 PM
Vaughn

Vaughn wrote:
"BTIZ" wrote in message

and don't forget the glider tow hook

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed that was missing.

Although soaring is great, I'm not stopping my fun to tow planes into the air!
I'll leave that to the Pawnees of the world.

Yes, but you could put the thing to work making its own payments. I have
spent many hours contemplating the tail feathers of a Maule from 200 feet back.
In general, I would much prefer to be following a Pawnee, but they tend to be
single-purpose machines.

Vaughn