owner assisted annuals in seattle

Old January 5th 04, 04:59 AM
endre

Default owner assisted annuals in seattle

Does anyone know of IAs that would do owner assisted annuals in seattle?
Old January 5th 04, 04:07 PM
Steven M. Lewis

Glen Peterson
at Crest
253-631-1451
will - he was sometimes able to turn around my Ercoupe in one day

Old January 5th 04, 05:00 PM
Jim Weir

Lots of us would do owner assisted annuals in Seattle. The problem is getting
us to Seattle {;-)

(Couldn't talk you into coming down to Grass Valley, could I?)

Jim

(endre)

-Does anyone know of IAs that would do owner assisted annuals in seattle?

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old January 5th 04, 06:49 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Jim Weir wrote:

(Couldn't talk you into coming down to Grass Valley, could I?)

What are you doing in March, Jim?

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old January 5th 04, 09:54 PM
David H

endre wrote:

Does anyone know of IAs that would do owner assisted annuals in seattle?

I know of one or two, depending on circumstances (what plane, etc.).

Post a message over on the Pacific Northwest Flying website (URL below) and
you should find several.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

Old January 5th 04, 10:34 PM
Javier Henderson

Jim Weir writes:

Same thing I'm doing every month...teaching, wrenching, wenching, and mensching
around...

Allow me to put a plug for Mr. Weir here...

I did an owner assisted annual on my Skylane last year, with Jim
supervising and signing off, and I can tell you that it was a great
learning experience. It took a fair amount of work on my part, no
doubt, but that was cool, all that time was logged towards the A&P
certificate which some day I hope to earn.

-jav
Old January 6th 04, 06:58 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Javier Henderson wrote:

It took a fair amount of work on my part, no
doubt, but that was cool, all that time was logged towards the A&P
certificate which some day I hope to earn.

Cool! How do you log that time?

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 6th 04, 02:45 PM
Javier Henderson

"G.R. Patterson III" writes:

Javier Henderson wrote:

It took a fair amount of work on my part, no
doubt, but that was cool, all that time was logged towards the A&P
certificate which some day I hope to earn.

Cool! How do you log that time?

With indeleble pen, on good quality paper.

I just wrote down the various tasks I performed, and the time it took
me to perform them. ASA has a mechanic's logbook, I rolled my own
version based on that.

-jav
Old January 6th 04, 05:41 PM
dave

Remember that the FAA is looking for 18 months of experience per rating.
That doesn't mean that 40 hours a week for 18 months is required for
that. Or 80 hours a week for 9 months.
If you worked at a shop for 1/2 days for 18 months that satisifies the
requirement.
It says just 18 months.
A floor sweeper working for a aircraft shop for 18 months will have the
correct amount of time in.

Dave