Need new PA28 tach

Old September 12th 03, 06:55 PM
Michael Isaksen

Default Need new PA28 tach

Can anyone recommend a source to replace the erratic Tach in our 79
Archer. I'm looking for "new" and have seen the Mitchell replacements
with custom markings as acceptable. But since this is for a club
airplane which is billed on Tach, I would like to get an identical
Tach
with both tenth and hundredth digits. I find this makes for less
fights over who pays the half digits.

Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Old September 12th 03, 08:58 PM
blanche cohen

Kelly Instruments in Wichita, KS
Aircraft Spruce
Wentworth
DMFS
The New Piper Corp
Centennial Instruments in Denver, CO

Check Trade-a-Plane for ads

Old October 2nd 03, 03:27 PM
CriticalMass

"Michael Isaksen" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a source to replace the erratic Tach in our 79
Archer. I'm looking for "new" and have seen the Mitchell replacements
with custom markings as acceptable. But since this is for a club
airplane which is billed on Tach, I would like to get an identical
Tach
with both tenth and hundredth digits. I find this makes for less
fights over who pays the half digits.

Forget the old-fashioned analog, cable-driven stuff. I put a Horizon P-1000
digital tach in my Comanche and have been quite pleased.

See http://www.horizoninstruments.com/prod01.htm

Advantages of this instrument over the original unit FAR outweigh any
quibbling about who pays for half-digits.

Mechanical tach failure? Rich S. Home Built 25 November 6th 04 04:30 PM
PA28 gas cap Frank Van Haste Owning 19 July 24th 03 07:17 PM
Tach 100rpm low Ben Smith Owning 3 July 7th 03 03:41 PM