Trikes vs Fixed Wing U/L vs Gyros

Old September 2nd 04, 07:15 PM
BARTFIO

Default Trikes vs Fixed Wing U/L vs Gyros

Does anyone here have experience in all three of these type a/c? I would like
to know which of the 3 would handle cross winds best and which has a safer
overall
operational record. So far, I've read that the gyro is better with crosswinds
(ref Dr. Taggart) than even some factory fixed wings. I read the account of a
Brit that flew around the world in a Trike (took a long time but was a helluva
trip) so it would seem that a Trike is a sturdy machine. The f/w ultralite like
an MX is supposed to be a lot of fun to fly but flight is usually restricted to
early mornings and late afternoons due to winds. It seems as though I may have
answered my own questions - but it would be great to hear from someone with
direct, first-hand experience.

Thanks!
Old September 3rd 04, 04:22 AM
Gyroplanes

I haven't flown all three but I have friends that fly each type.

For me it's gyros first, trikes second and MX type U/Ls last. Based on 30 yrs
of light flight.
Tom M.
Old September 4th 04, 06:29 AM
Saubergelder