Any info about "Wing Ding"?

Old February 11th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Default Any info about "Wing Ding"?

I saw a documentary about Jimmy Stewart on the Military Channel not
too long ago in which they mention that he traveled the country to
champion the formation of a separate Air Force. One of the tools he
used was a show called "Wing Ding." They were really sketchy about
this.

Does anyone have information about Wing Ding, or know where I can find
it? I'd appreciate it.

Also, the Biography Channel did a show on Stewart. I found it amazing
that the Military Channel got a half hour of good info out of his
military experiences, while the Biography Channel skimmed over it.

AJ
Old February 12th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Does anyone have information about Wing Ding, or know where I can find
it? I'd appreciate it.

Yup... It's called a LIBRARY.... THere is one near you...

denny
Old February 12th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Denny" wrote in message news:c97b5157-8203-4d4c-b2e8-

Does anyone have information about Wing Ding, or know where I can find
it? I'd appreciate it.

Yup... It's called a LIBRARY.... THere is one near you...

Not all libraries have all books.

There's a book out there called "Wing Ding" by retired Lt. Col. Gene Carson,
but it's about his experiences as a misfit B-17 tailgunner in World War II.
The book is a riot, and I wholeheartedly recommend it, but it's not related
to the OP's subject.

-c

Old February 12th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:18:34 -0800 (PST), AJ wrote in
:

I saw a documentary about Jimmy Stewart on the Military Channel not
too long ago in which they mention that he traveled the country to
champion the formation of a separate Air Force. One of the tools he
used was a show called "Wing Ding." They were really sketchy about
this.

Does anyone have information about Wing Ding, or know where I can find
it? I'd appreciate it.

Operation Wing Ding?

http://books.google.com/books?id=1kN1wEYvql8C&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=%22jimmy +stewart%22+%22wing+ding%22+%22air+force%22+war&so urce=web&ots=46qSRVe_vz&sig=M6IglVXq-KQfihZ8-fQkJlmTiBk

Tiny url:

http://tiny.cc/Y25js

Same text, different format:

http://www.afa.org/magazine/50yrs.asp

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.
Old February 12th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

On Feb 12, 7:07 am, Denny wrote:
Does anyone have information about Wing Ding, or know where I can find
it? I'd appreciate it.

Yup... It's called a LIBRARY.... THere is one near you...

denny

Thanks for the sarcasm, Denny. You sure know how to suck the oxygen
out of a room.
Old February 12th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Marty:

Many thanks, this helps a lot.

AJ