Apollo Flybuddy Loran Replacement

Old May 2nd 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default Apollo Flybuddy Loran Replacement

Now that I have a worthless Flybuddy in my panel I'm trying to decide
the best way to replace it. I've used a Garmin 296 as my first choice
for navigation but it was always nice to have the "Loran" as a back-up
should the battery fail on the Garmin. I have considered getting
another Garmin, "495" and using it as the primary and the "296" as
the back-up. The problem I'd like to get away from is rechargeable
batteries in both. I don't have room on my panel to use the "Gizmo
panel dock" because as most of you know the Apollo Flybuddy is only 2
inches high and the "Gizmo" is over 4 inches in height.

I have seen you can purchase several "replacement slide-in" GPS's that
fit the space of the Apollo and you have to change the antenna but for
me they are just too expensive.

I'm sure others are in the same "boat" or should I say "airplane" as
me and was wondering what others have done or what their approach is
going to be.

Thanks for your ideas....

Terry
N6401F outta KDLZ

FA: Apollo IIMorrow Loran C Antenna Ken Martin Aviation Marketplace 0 March 25th 06 01:24 PM
FA: IIMorrow Apollo Loran C Antenna Ken Martin Aviation Marketplace 0 March 23rd 06 01:09 AM
FS: Apollo 618 Loran system nobody Aviation Marketplace 0 August 6th 05 07:11 PM
Flybuddy Loran Henry Kisor Owning 5 September 18th 03 10:47 PM
Any retired Apollo 800 Flybuddy Lorans? Roger Long Owning 12 September 5th 03 03:19 AM