Low Level - Monday-00.jpg (0/1)

Old July 31st 07, 09:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bernd Rosemeier

Default Low Level - Monday-00.jpg (0/1)

Amazing pics as always from you, Rusty . Thanks for your work.

This time you got a good day specially with the weather. Real fine.

Bernd

"RustY©" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
An amazing mixture of aircraft types today, with Typhoons, Tornado F-3s
and
F-15s playing overhead as well. I wish every day was as good this.

Old July 31st 07, 09:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Willem Van der Voort wrote:

a pity not everyone is posting this way.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Old July 31st 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Adhominem

Default Separate yEnc threads?

Bernd Rosemeier wrote:

Yes and without any *yenc ****!

Could you please keep the yEnc discussions to their separate, dedicated
threads so they can be more easily ignored? Thank you.

Adhominem.
Old August 1st 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
AWem

I think they should start not a thread, but a whole new alt.anti-yenc
newsgroup. Then we'd have some peace to enjoy these wonderful aviation
images ....

Old August 2nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew[_5_]

"shiver" wrote in message
Willem Van der Voort wrote:

a pity not everyone is posting this way.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

but if you can get it to make a martini THEN you've got something

--
Andrew Massey
IPMS Australia #1531

Old August 4th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SandMan

Adhominem wrote:
Bernd Rosemeier wrote:

Yes and without any yenc ****!

Could you please keep the yEnc discussions to their separate, dedicated
threads so they can be more easily ignored? Thank you.

Adhominem.

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

quote:

=ybegin part=1 line=128 size=146503 name=(a_pic_from_this_newsgroup).jpg
=ypart begin=1 end=146503
))=J*:tpsp*+,+*r*r**)ê*;2.*/*-+;*,;+-;+)*®*-,,-,,--,----./2//../412026577656689;89=}966;B;=}??@A@7;CDB@D@@?+---/./4//4?8688?
????????????????????????????????????????????????)î +Ì**+/++++++********+,-./012345:*,+--,.-//..**+§+,-*.;/K[k0=}{1L\«»Ë2MlÛë?
¡¢£?*®¯°±²³?1/41/23/4¿ÀÁÂÃÄÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÜÝÞßàáâãäìíîïðñòóôüýþÿ=@
Old August 4th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Francois

SandMan a écrit :

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

Same question...
;-(

Francois
LFBO
Old August 5th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Sunny[_2_]

http://www.yenc.org/
http://www.faerber.muc.de/temp/20020...c-harmful.html
http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/yenc.html
http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/yencmyths.html
http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/

Old August 5th 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pop`

Francois wrote:
SandMan a écrit :

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

Same question...
;-(

Francois
LFBO

It's just another protocol for encapsulating images, nothing more, and isn't
supported by the mainstream clients. The main objection to it is you need a
separate decoder/encoder to use it for download/uploads.

There are always a few that like to make their excuses for using something
the mainstram doesn't use and most of the time it's so they can feel
superior, but superior to what is anyone's guess. For computer viewing and
every-day printing needs, it's no improvement over anything. Google will
give you lots of info onthe pros & cons of it.

Pop`

Old August 5th 07, 07:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 00:42:15 GMT, "Pop`"
wrote:

Francois wrote:
SandMan a écrit :

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

Same question...
;-(

Francois
LFBO

It's just another protocol for encapsulating images, nothing more, and isn't
supported by the mainstream clients.

Nonsense. Agent is one of the most popular newsreaders, certainly
mainstream, and requires no separate decoder or encoder. I guess you
define mainstream as "anything Pop uses."

There are always a few that like to make their excuses for using something
the mainstram doesn't use and most of the time it's so they can feel
superior, but superior to what is anyone's guess. For computer viewing and
every-day printing needs, it's no improvement over anything.

yEnc was not intended to do anything with viewing or printing, but
only with encoded file sze. In fact, the improvement in transmitted
file size with yEnc is so significant that in groups devoted to
multimedia or audio, where files are quite large even before encoding,
yEnc is so dominant that without yEnc capability you'd miss most of
the files.

Google will
give you lots of info onthe pros & cons of it.

You ought to also look at the pros and cons of UU--the encoding
scheme you apparently favor. All it has going for it is that many
people use it--it does nothing better than yEnc, yet produces bigger
files.

Monday Hawks - 8035-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
Monday Hawks - 8028-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
Monday Hawks - 8020-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
TFR at Lambert Monday Marty Piloting 0 April 7th 04 04:12 AM
VFR PWM to CLE Monday and Tuesday? Roger Long Piloting 1 August 10th 03 04:26 PM