Train Wreck

Old November 10th 17, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

K m, the Pilot formerly Known as Mr Nobody, has again addressed me, thusly:

And to the real Gina, I will echo what myself and others have said, No issues with anyone in person, But on the internet it is a completely different story.

There was no "fake" Gina, so no need to refer to a "real" one.

Here's a question for you, K m, and for those who believe that selection to a US Team should be based, even in part, upon whether or not a sizeable portion or even a majority of decision-makers believe that person's (internet, in this case) behavior to be objectionable. Which of all the arguably "difficult" or hotheaded or rash top-ranked athletes would you have yanked or banned from World teams or Olympic teams or national teams because they ****ed off a lot of people (by behavior that might have been the direct result of a perceived or actual injustice)?

Think of all the top athletes in their sports (basketball, hockey, tennis, boxing, soccer, rugby, etc.) whose behavior was less than desirable, or even eye-poppingly out-of-control, hair-on-fire, bat**** crazy stuff when that athlete suspected unfairness to himself or herself. Some astute poster already mentioned John McEnroe. Andy Roddick's tantrums were epic, and I'm old enough to remember Roddick's coach Jimmy Connors' meltdowns and abuse of officials. A lot of hair-trigger senses of injustice.

Any of you happened to have followed LeBron James's past national team career? He was considered so "disrespectful" of staff members that he was almost banned from the 2008 Olympic team, but luckily for the USA, not all admin or staff pooh-bahs were thin-skinned. LeBron was instrumental in the USA's back to back Gold Medals in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, becoming the all-time leading scorer in the US men's basketball history. Sure, you don't have to like guys like LeBron, but sometimes it's best to get out of their way if you know what's best for the USA (rhymes).

So, in the infamous Fidler style of jerking one's chain, and for those of you who watch the soap opera "As the World (Team) Burns" --

Thin-skinned admin: "Oh! That LeBron was soooo rude to soooo many of us volunteer staff at Athens. [wringing of hands] It's inexcusable. I won't stand for it! He should just "suck it up" if he's not happy about our carefully considered decision to drastically limit his playing time. [reaching for handkerchief, dabbing of eyes] I feel sooooo disrespected by LeBron calling me names that I say we ban him from the 2008 Olympic Team. And if he keeps on disrespecting me after being banned from Beijing, I want him banned from all Olympics from here on in! I mean, I don't have to take this ****! I could be home with my pet gerbils Kareem and Kobe and watching Bowling with the Stars instead of taking this ****!"

Not-so-thin-skinned admin: "Oh, fer chrissakes! He's our best chance of winning Gold in the Olympics, so stop getting your panties in a knot. YOU'RE the one who should "suck it up". Drop that hankie and get LeBron on the phone -- he's on the Team.

Gina
SCUM-sucking SCUM

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 7:50:40 PM UTC+13, K m wrote:
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:54:30 PM UTC-7, XC wrote:
7T has been known to post under an alias here and in the sailboat racing world but not this time.............

Thanks for the clarification XC. I figured this was another Wilbur or Orville thing again. When I first read this thread I was rooting for 7T to hopefully be able to resolve this issue and move on but after some of the responses it shows how toxic this behavior really is.
And to the real Gina, I will echo what myself and others have said, No issues with anyone in person, But on the internet it is a completely different story. When I first posted I was hoping 7T would get beyond the accusations and name calling and shed some insight (That was naive on my part).
And lastly JAMES, I usually do not dignify childish posts like yours with a response, but Tosser? Really? Is name calling necessary? Stop and think for a minute, Soaring is a small community and referring to people as jerk offs and scum is just counter productive.

Old November 10th 17, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hi Gina,

You really don't sound like a Kiwi.Â* Are you a transplant from the US?Â*
You write like you're from somewhere in the upper Midwest.

Anyway, I hope to meet you when I come to Omarama next year.

Cheers!

Dan

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 10th 17, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 2:15:11 AM UTC-7, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
711
Thanks for the clarification (Boy do I feel silly). My name is Kirk and I have signed my posts for years and many of the people here know who I am anyways and the subject has never come up. I have used K m for over a decade on one of my Google accounts because it holds a personal significance and (With the space and the lower case) it can not be mistaken for a contest number. There is no intent to imply any other identity.
In regards to the US team, other than financial support through donations to SSA, I don't have a horse in this race. I do however have friends who are past Team Members and I have head plenty of stories of good old boys and cronyism (Like an important decision being made, with bad results for the team, by someone who was not qualified to make such a call). And this is from people who are not prone to indulgence or drama. That is what initially attracted me to read about this team situation. Beyond this, I am possibly being mistaken for someone who cares. Also, I do not know any of the members involved well enough to form an opinion. For example, when referring to someone as "Mini Me", is that meant to be demeaning or sarcastic or what? Slander is another story of course but I figure trading barbs is between these two.
Lastly, in regards to conduct, I don't care and I figure it is up to SSA to decide what is acceptable (Unless it involves safety at contests of course).
Thanks again!

Old November 10th 17, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi, Dan

You really don't sound like a Kiwi.

Oh, all right. I'll change it to "stop getting your knickers in a knot" and I'll add an "eh?" at the end of every other sentence.

You write like you're from somewhere in the upper Midwest.

Now, there's no need to insult people from the upper Midwest. (har!) They can't help it if they live in the wop-wops and write funny.

Anyway, I hope to meet you when I come to Omarama next year.

I don't live anywhere near Omarama (more's the pity, eh?). But R1 and his better half visited me a decade ago in the South Island, and they both lived to tell about it.

Gina

Old November 10th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Train Wreck" is now the MOST-VIEWED RAS THREAD since Walt Connelly's perennial fave "Letter to the FAA" from last May!! (per Google Groups: with a major share of RAS activity)

And it's still going strong.

Surely there must be an award in this category. There is for everything else in media. Maybe we can vote on it.

Chip Bearden
Old November 11th 17, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The Brits weigh in with their take:

https://www.facebook.com/Sean-Fiddle...1842133398406/

Congratulations, Sean! You have made the International Laughingstock Team!
Old November 13th 17, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PL...O0205-Jtzi59TX
Old November 13th 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 8:20:05 AM UTC-8, Sean Fidler wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PL...O0205-Jtzi59TX

See Sean, there is a proper way to gripe.
Old November 13th 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud