SkySight Tutorials

Old March 16th 20, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SkySight Tutorials

Hi all,

I've put together some light entertainment in the form of SkySight tutorials to pass the time through your inevitable COVID-19 quarantines, or heaven forbid, preparation for the soaring season.

You can find the playlist of videos he
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...o_b-s8_fTKlzKJ
If you subscribe to the playlist you'll be notified of future additions.

Please write to me privately via the form on https://skysight.io/ or the support menu if there's more content you'd like covered. I suspect I'll have time in coming weeks...
Old March 16th 20, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 7:04:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,

I've put together some light entertainment in the form of SkySight tutorials to pass the time through your inevitable COVID-19 quarantines, or heaven forbid, preparation for the soaring season.

You can find the playlist of videos he
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...o_b-s8_fTKlzKJ
If you subscribe to the playlist you'll be notified of future additions.

Please write to me privately via the form on https://skysight.io/ or the support menu if there's more content you'd like covered. I suspect I'll have time in coming weeks...

Matthew,

I've been enjoying each one of them as they were uploaded in the last few days. They're very helpful for all of us. I've been using SkySight for a while but still learned a few little things and am enjoying the refinements which have been made since last year. It was also a pleasure seeing you talk in Little Rock and really appreciate how your software is making soaring more fun for us all, thank you!

Chuck Werninger
Soaring Club of Houston
VL
Old March 16th 20, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 7:04:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all,

I've put together some light entertainment in the form of SkySight tutorials to pass the time through your inevitable COVID-19 quarantines, or heaven forbid, preparation for the soaring season.

You can find the playlist of videos he
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...o_b-s8_fTKlzKJ
If you subscribe to the playlist you'll be notified of future additions.

Please write to me privately via the form on https://skysight.io/ or the support menu if there's more content you'd like covered. I suspect I'll have time in coming weeks...

Excellent videos, watched them all in one session, and great new features since last season. Congrats and thanks! It remains now to wait and see how accurate the forecasts will actually be in real life in this unpredictable world.
Old March 17th 20, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
Old March 18th 20, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Thanks Matt for putting these out.
Something to watch and learn from while I socially disconnect.
Nick
PS
The pros say we should stay at least 6' apart.
I think the average towrope is 200', that should be way good enough huh?
Sitting by myself in my LS3a with the canopy latched is very socially disconnected I believe.
Old March 19th 20, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 11:50:47 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Thanks Matt for putting these out.
Something to watch and learn from while I socially disconnect.
Nick
PS
The pros say we should stay at least 6' apart.
I think the average towrope is 200', that should be way good enough huh?
Sitting by myself in my LS3a with the canopy latched is very socially disconnected I believe.

I would love to tow behind a 200 foot rope! I once had a passenger for a front seat in a helicopter (max wt 350 lbs in that seat) tell me he just weighed himself that morning at 275 lbs. Soon as I lifted off I did not have enough aft stick to hover!

Old March 29th 20, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Idiot Noobie questions here, please be patient.

1. When you connect Skysight up to a Oudie and download the weather, how exactly do you do this? details please I'm a computer idiot.

2. What are you trying to download on the Oudie for the day? Convergence lines?
OD areas? Strong areas? Wind data? What?

3 Does it look like whats on the Skysight screen?

4. Can you chose what to transfer from Skysight onto he Oudie for the day?
How do you do this?

Thanks in advance
Nick
Old March 29th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

1. When you connect Skysight up to a Oudie and download the weather, how exactly do you do this? details please I'm a computer idiot.

2. What are you trying to download on the Oudie for the day? Convergence lines?
OD areas? Strong areas? Wind data? What?

3 Does it look like whats on the Skysight screen?

4. Can you chose what to transfer from Skysight onto he Oudie for the day?
How do you do this?

Nick, good questions, the answers weren't immediately obvious to me either and I generally do great with software! First, you'll use the "Naviter Updater" every day before you fly so you have to be sure your Oudie is running the current software and your SeeYou account is setup with your SkySight account information and weather preferences. Check out the SeeYou web site for help.

Then, before you head out to your glider to fly each day, connect your Oudie to the Naviter Updater and download the day's weather to it. It's not live but it downloads the morning forecast. When you're finished, go to the Weather tab on the Oudie Settings and choose which of the 4 weather models you'd like displayed, wind, wave, convergence and one other I can't remember. When you return to your map afterwards they'll be displayed on the screen. It's not perfect but it's much better than trying to remember in flight where the convergence lines should be expected after you've been on task for 2-3 hours.

This took me a bit of fiddling to get it all working correctly but it's now pretty good. I just wish I had my Oudie at home with me to give you more accurate answers. Good luck, it's worth messing with it now when many of us can't fly. If you have other questions or get stuck, I'll gladly try to help you!

Chuck Werninger
Soaring Club of Houston
LS-4 VL
Old March 29th 20, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Chuck
Thank you for threresponse!
Let me hook up my Oudie to my laptop and see if I can follow your instructions.
I'll let you know How I do.
Best regards
Nick

SkySight down? Waveguru Soaring 11 March 17th 20 06:30 PM
Skysight Dan Marotta Soaring 1 September 14th 19 09:51 PM
IFR tutorials ? [email protected] Piloting 5 October 27th 06 03:56 PM
handbooks/tutorials Kevin Simulators 1 March 26th 06 04:46 AM
Any tutorials like Al Pelitires "Round Robins" ot Alfred Poors " Cross Country"... [email protected] Simulators 0 February 6th 04 10:01 PM