Scouts have bumpy landing

Old March 20th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Montblack

Default Scouts have bumpy landing

("Paul kgyy" wrote)
I thought grass gear-up landings were more hazardous than using the
runway? Things can dig into the grass, producing a much faster stop.
Although maybe it's a toss-up, as a hard surface landing might increase
the odds of a fire, depending on the type of aircraft.

I clipped the other two newsgroups, speaking of hazardous - especially
alt.disasters.aviation. Yikes!

Montblack

Old March 20th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
J. F. Cornwall

Tim wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Fred Goodwin, CMA writes:

Airport manager Timothy Fousee said a lever that locks the landing
gear in place malfunctioned.

Or it was improperly maintained.

So you're an A&P or NTSB investigator now? Do they have game
simulations for maintaining aircraft? What do you know about GA plane
maintenance?

Did your gear fail in your baron ever? Oh, that's right, you can't try
that scenario in your game.

Technically, M's comment is quite correct. It could have been a
malfunction OR it could have been improperly maintained. OR both. OR
neither. M did not say it *WAS* improperly maintained... Nor am I,
since I have no idea. Just picking at the bare bones Boolean logic of
the statements.

Jim
Old March 20th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

"J. F. Cornwall" wrote in news:E9ULh.24700$mJ1.4486
@newsfe22.lga:

Tim wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Fred Goodwin, CMA writes:

Airport manager Timothy Fousee said a lever that locks the landing
gear in place malfunctioned.

Or it was improperly maintained.

So you're an A&P or NTSB investigator now? Do they have game
simulations for maintaining aircraft? What do you know about GA

plane
maintenance?

Did your gear fail in your baron ever? Oh, that's right, you can't

try
that scenario in your game.

Technically, M's comment is quite correct.

No, it isn't..

Bertie
Old March 20th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

We all have to keep in mind that mxsmanic is an unfortunate individual
who suffers from a personality disorder. His underlying psychiatric
problem precludes any type of rational discourse, so it is pointless
to even try.

Oh I disagree..

Bertie
Old March 21st 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
M. Fricker writes:

No, the airport manager didn't say that.

The airport manager is no more qualified to determine the state of
maintenance
of the gear than I am.

He might be an A&P by trade, either way he actually does see real airplanes
on a day to day basis, dumbass.

In any case it really doesn't matter to the people reading this does it.

It might. GA aircraft suffer far more incidents and accidents than
commercial
airliners. One reason is less rigorous maintenance. It's important to
make
it clear that much of the additional risk of flying in GA aircraft is
avoidable, and very often GA accidents are avoidable instances of simple
carelessness (or recklessness) on the part of flight crews or aircraft
owners.

Says the man who just has to press reset.

DW

Old March 21st 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gary writes:

Lets see...he's an aviation professional, running the local airport
where the aircraft was based. He'd know the aircraft owner, and all
the A&P's at the field. As airport manager, I guarantee he's spoken
to all of the parties involved, probably had a look at the plane and
the maintenance records, and he may very well have been a witness to
the landing.

More importantly, you agree with him.

I wish you would go to a medical forum and argue with doctors about symptoms
and prognosis, it would be a damn hoot.

You were 6000 miles away from the incident, you haven't left your
apartment since, your only knowledge of the landing was what you read
in the links posted above, you have no aviation background, and you've
never been in a light plane or seen a maintenance log.

More importantly, you disagree with me.

He's more qualified to determine the state of maintenance.

More importantly, you assume that anyone who agrees with you is more
qualified.

I'm nominating you for the Usenet Idiot Savant award.

DW

Old March 21st 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Mxsmanic

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com writes:

I wish you would go to a medical forum and argue with doctors about symptoms
and prognosis, it would be a damn hoot.

I usually agree with people who know what they are talking about, so there
isn't much to argue about with doctors. With non-doctors, on the other hand,
there's often a lot to discuss. Medicine is filled with urban legends.

Interestingly, one way to recognize true experts (in medicine or anything
else) is that they will occasionally say "I don't know," if they don't know.
Non-experts trying to pass themselves off as experts are very afraid to ever
say this, lest their cover be blown.

Old March 21st 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Mxsmanic

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com writes:

He might be an A&P by trade, either way he actually does see real airplanes
on a day to day basis, dumbass.

He might just be an office worker, who never sees real airplanes at all except
occasionally outside the window or on TV.

Old March 21st 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)

Non-experts trying to pass themselves off as experts are very afraid to ever
say this, lest their cover be blown.

Boy that statement must have been very difficult for you to type

Ibby

Old March 21st 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Mxsmanic

Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris) writes:

Boy that statement must have been very difficult for you to type

Not at all. I'm a good typist, and it didn't involve any odd key
combinations.