Round Engines

Old May 27th 05, 07:35 PM

On Fri, 27 May 2005 08:01:36 -0500, Charlie Wolf
wrote:

For me it was R-1820s. Lots of noise, though! :-)

Are you an ex-Stoof guy Bill?

Ayup. :-)

Big Beer Muster and Golf Outing in P'cola on 3-6 NOV 05 sponsored by
RAFS (Real Aviators Flew Stoofs). If you want I'll post details. So
far we have representatives from about 12 squadrons, LANT and PAC.

Bill Kambic
Old May 27th 05, 08:22 PM
Bob McKellar

HI Bob

do you still have the original that you can post for us

--

Richard

In general the good luck follows the daring, those who are more risk
averse
tend not to get the same lucky breaks.

Peter McLelland
s.m.n 2 February 2005

I had to Google it myself. I crank out way too much BS to keep it all!
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...b226265654 6b

BTW, my 'complaint" post today is not particularly serious either.

Bob

Old May 27th 05, 08:22 PM
Gord Beaman

"Bob McKellar" wrote:
cc
The "Round Engines" rant has been around since June of 2002.

It has been somewhat modified over this period.

The excellent line about kissing the FE's girl was added.

In a clearly unfortunate edit/typo, "ladylike poot" became "ladylike poof",
which is not at all the same thing.

Also, several lines in the original that made it even more obvious that this
was a nonserious post were deleted.

And of course, in the piratical world of newsgroups, the name of the
original author was quickly deleted as the post was forwarded all over the
net.

Now THAT ****es me off a bit!

Bob McKellar

I agree entirely. This was one of those posts that people call
'gems' and should not (on pain of death (or equivalent)) be
modified...I especially agree that it was quite unfortunate that
that classy line about the 'Ladylike poot' was desecrated.

I laughed (on and off) about that one for days...I'd start
shaking with mirth in bed at night and my wife'd say "the
'ladylike poot' again?'...hilarious...

You 'should' feel cheated when the author line is deleted from a
gem of that stature...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
and it must be working 'cause I'm
the oldest now that I've ever been"
Old May 28th 05, 01:44 PM
Voxpopuli

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message

.. I crank out way too much BS to keep it all!
BTW, my 'complaint" post today is not particularly serious either.

Bob

Typical of a non-pilot though don't you think?

Old May 31st 05, 04:08 PM
Charlie Wolf

Yea - that would be appreciated. I'm planning a vacation from work
around that time but haven't settled on details. Maybe some surf
fishing in Florida might fit in well with the P'cola event. I don't
golf - but I could certainly drink beer.
Regards,

Old May 31st 05, 06:48 PM
Charlie Wolf

Bill -
Is there a web site devoted to this get together (or will there be)?
I'm still in touch with several people from my S-2 era.