Daily Miles For Sport Pilots

Old April 8th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mdginzo

Default Daily Miles For Sport Pilots

Is there a maximum amount of miles one can fly daily as a sport
pilot? Are there any significant records in this area yet? Anyone
tried to go across the US for example?

Old April 8th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Day only/VFR only, aircraft speed limited. A transcon trip
would take several days, perhaps a week in good weather.
Route would have to allow fore altitude restrictions.
But only the Recreational pilot has a x-c restriction.

oups.com...

Old April 11th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

"mdginzo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a maximum amount of miles one can fly daily as a sport
pilot? Are there any significant records in this area yet? Anyone
tried to go across the US for example?

I just flew my "new" Taylorcraft from Wisconsin to Houston Texas in 2 days.
In the middle of summer, the flight could be made in one day.

Danny Deger

Old April 11th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 03:04:07 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

But only the Recreational pilot has a x-c restriction.

Easily lifted. Indeed, the XC requirement is less stringent than for a
private certificate: fly to an airport 50 miles distant, make three
landings, come home.

Make it a towered airport and your instructor no doubt will also sign
you off for B, C, and D landings as well.

I have made the shift to flying under sport pilot privileges, so I may
be the only sport pilot required to carry my logbook in the airplane.
Though I have no current medical certt, the insurance company and the
FAA still regard me as a recreational pilot, so I am stuck with that
old and rather odd requirement.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford