Trolls

Old June 11th 04, 10:41 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Trolls

Gentlemen:

It seems to me that the trolls have descended upon us yet again. "Ban all
airshows". "Did we win the Vietnam War?". "Ed Rasimus Says He Won the Vietnam
War".... the crap goes on and on.

Why.... why you read such provocative comments.... do you feel obligated to be
reeled in? If you answer, they win and we all lose. Ignore the crap. If they
don't get a response, they'll leave for richer waters.

There's a reason why people say "Don't Feed The Trolls".

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Old June 11th 04, 11:47 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...
Gentlemen:

It seems to me that the trolls have descended upon us yet again. "Ban all
airshows". "Did we win the Vietnam War?". "Ed Rasimus Says He Won the

Vietnam
War".... the crap goes on and on.

Why.... why you read such provocative comments.... do you feel obligated

to be
reeled in? If you answer, they win and we all lose. Ignore the crap. If

they
don't get a response, they'll leave for richer waters.

There's a reason why people say "Don't Feed The Trolls".

You might want to tell this to your Dad--he seems to be the guy who has
decided that Ed has something to be ashamed about, and he has fed the troll
most thoroughly.

Brooks

Old June 11th 04, 11:58 PM
Richard Brooks

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Gentlemen:

It seems to me that the trolls have descended upon us yet again.
"Ban all airshows". "Did we win the Vietnam War?". "Ed Rasimus Says
He Won the Vietnam War".... the crap goes on and on.

Why.... why you read such provocative comments.... do you feel
obligated to be reeled in? If you answer, they win and we all lose.
Ignore the crap. If they don't get a response, they'll leave for
richer waters.

There's a reason why people say "Don't Feed The Trolls".

You do realise that this stuff gets posted to the US as well ? ;-)

Richard.

Old June 12th 04, 02:54 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Kevin Brooks wrote:
There's a reason why people say "Don't Feed The Trolls".

You might want to tell this to your Dad--he seems to be the guy who has
decided that Ed has something to be ashamed about, and he has fed the troll
most thoroughly.

Actually, I have spoken to him on the matter. What can I say? He's his own
man. I have an ongoing program of trying to discourage him from replying to
trolls.

At least I've got his bull**** detector finely tuned when it comes to urban
legend.

Old June 12th 04, 02:56 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Richard Brooks wrote:
You do realise that this stuff gets posted to the US as well ? ;-)

As a resident of North Carolina, I am well aware. The RN after my name doesn't
mean "Royal Navy".