AirMap® 2000C

Old August 6th 04, 11:13 AM
Kai Glaesner

Default AirMap® 2000C

Jay,

Jim Weir rated it "Best of Show" at his forum -- but only because Jim

forgot
to look at the new AvMap.

In the past I saw some discussion about connecting AvMap EKP's to Jeppesen
FliteStar on the AvMapNavigation homepage (by the way, it works with almost
every Garmin unit ;-). Does anyone know what's the state of this? Can I
download flightplans from FliteStar to the AvMap?

Thanks in advance

Kai Glaesner

Old August 6th 04, 02:24 PM
Jay Masino

In rec.aviation.piloting Jay Honeck wrote:
Dunno about that -- but I did want to mention that there is a product
available to slave your autopilot to the AvMap.
Vern (the AvMap guy) had one in his box of stuff, and he told me that it
works terrifically with OLDER autopilots like I have -- which is great news.
(For ONCE there is something cool that doesn't require that I buy a new
gizmo.)
Their website is www.porcine.com I haven't had time to look into it, but
it sure sounds like a dream come true -- it basically makes the AvMap into a
real flight director.

Just remember that it really isn't legal to use this box in a certified
aircraft, unless you get some sort of field approval. He specifically
says it's for homebuilts. Your GPS is portable, and the Porcine box is
portable, but the minute you hook it to your autopilot...

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Garmin iQue 3600a or Lowrance 2000c Juan Jimenez Home Built 8 October 1st 05 03:25 AM
Lowrance 2000C vs. AvMap -- comments appreciated Thomas Borchert Home Built 7 August 13th 04 03:00 PM
AirMap® 2000C Kevin Black Home Built 2 August 6th 04 02:24 PM
AirMap® 2000C Kevin Black Aviation Marketplace 0 August 4th 04 11:10 AM