Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

Old September 26th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

Default Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
link.net...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...

Of course, I still have hopes for Skylune becoming a pilot -- so I

*am*
an eternal optimist!

:-)

.........and don't forget; the day he gets his license, we all chip in
and
get him a membership in AOPA!!!

Does he need his license first?

Not really, but wouldn't the proper thing to do on such a momentous

occasion
as getting his license be to present him with a membership in the very
organization that has occupied his every thought both awake and asleep for
such a long............looooooooooong time :-))
Dudley Henriques

But I don't want to wait. I'd like to get him a membership now.

Old September 26th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...

Of course, I still have hopes for Skylune becoming a pilot -- so I

*am*
an eternal optimist!

:-)

.........and don't forget; the day he gets his license, we all chip in
and
get him a membership in AOPA!!!

Does he need his license first?

Not really, but wouldn't the proper thing to do on such a momentous

occasion
as getting his license be to present him with a membership in the very
organization that has occupied his every thought both awake and asleep
for
such a long............looooooooooong time :-))
Dudley Henriques

But I don't want to wait. I'd like to get him a membership now.

:-))) But wouldn't this be more "meaningful" if it came from the group???
:-))
DH

Old September 26th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

It would be best if it were paid for by Phil Boyer himself.

Old September 26th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

It would be best if it were paid for by Phil Boyer himself.

I could ask Phil when I'm in Palm Springs next month...

evil grin

Jay B

Old September 26th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Peter R." wrote in message
Steve Foley wrote:

OOPS! WOT is harder on the engine.

Not according to Tornado Alley Turbo, the manufacturers of my
turbo-normalization system, it's not. In fact, running less than WOT
during cruise is discouraged by TATurbo:

http://www.taturbo.com/operation3.html

In the article, scroll down to the "Lean of Peak Cruise Operation of the
Turbonormalized (TN) IO-520/550" paragraph and read tips 3 and 4.

That applies to Turbo'd engines, but this is more specific:

http://www.avweb.com/news/pelican/182085-1.html

(Note: This written was before Deakin added the TN to his Bo.)

--
Matt
---------------------

Old September 26th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Matt Barrow wrote:

That applies to Turbo'd engines, but this is more specific:

The first line of the number 3 bullet point reads:

"Every internal combustion engine operates more efficiently with the
throttle wide open, than any other position."

My interpretation of "Every internal combustion engine" includes both turbo
and non-turbo piston engines.

--
Peter
Old September 26th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Jay Beckman wrote:

I could ask Phil when I'm in Palm Springs next month...

Ask Phil to sign a color 8x10 glossy of himself - "To Skylune -
Congratulations! Thanks for your unwavering support" or something like
that.

Try not to wet yourself from laughing too hard. : )

Old September 26th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
"Steve Foley" wrote in message

It would be best if it were paid for by Phil Boyer himself.

I could ask Phil when I'm in Palm Springs next month...

evil grin

Jay B

Sounds like a plan!!!
:-))

Old September 26th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Grumman-581,

To make it worse, he's a French troll...

Actually, he is an American living in Paris, from what someone posted.
And what's worse about it? At least it's a country that's got its
war-going priorities right.

If you mean letting others fight its wars, then I agree.

Matt
Old September 27th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Grumman-581,

To make it worse, he's a French troll...

Actually, he is an American living in Paris, from what someone posted.
And what's worse about it? At least it's a country that's got its
war-going priorities right.

If you mean letting others fight its wars, then I agree.

Matt

And surrender isn't exactly a war-going priority. But when you are good at
something I guess it makes sense to use it as often as possible.