Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

Old September 27th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Default Typical power settings during cruise and other phases of flight

"Peter R." wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

That applies to Turbo'd engines, but this is more specific:

The first line of the number 3 bullet point reads:

"Every internal combustion engine operates more efficiently with the
throttle wide open, than any other position."

My interpretation of "Every internal combustion engine" includes both
turbo
and non-turbo piston engines.

I don't see any disagreement in my response. So, do you run WOT during taxi,
during approach...?

Old September 27th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
et...

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Grumman-581,

To make it worse, he's a French troll...

Actually, he is an American living in Paris, from what someone posted.
And what's worse about it? At least it's a country that's got its
war-going priorities right.

If you mean letting others fight its wars, then I agree.

Matt

And surrender isn't exactly a war-going priority. But when you are good
at something I guess it makes sense to use it as often as possible.

If not, buy off the attackers.

Old September 27th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Mxsmanic wrote:

Is it normal to have throttles set to the maximum during cruise, in
small aircraft?

You really should take a few of the lessons that come with FS2004. This
question is answered there.

Marc

Old September 27th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Dave Stadt wrote:

And surrender isn't exactly a war-going priority. But when you are good at
something I guess it makes sense to use it as often as possible.

If you're calling the French cowards, you should learn some history
before shooting off your mouth.

http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html

Marc

Old September 27th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Marc Adler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Stadt wrote:

And surrender isn't exactly a war-going priority. But when you are good
at
something I guess it makes sense to use it as often as possible.

If you're calling the French cowards, you should learn some history
before shooting off your mouth.

http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html

Marc

ROFL... You have to go to a Russian bloger to find someone that takes up for
France.

Old September 27th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

ROFL... You have to go to a Russian bloger to find someone that takes up for
France.

"Russian bloger"?

Here's some good advice - go back to second grade, brush up on your
reading skills, and then read what I linked to (you can use the
dictionary, but you can't ask your mommy for help).

Now tell me: did a Russian "bloger" write that?

Marc

Old September 27th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Marc Adler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

ROFL... You have to go to a Russian bloger to find someone that takes up
for
France.

"Russian bloger"?

Here's some good advice - go back to second grade, brush up on your
reading skills, and then read what I linked to (you can use the
dictionary, but you can't ask your mommy for help).

Now tell me: did a Russian "bloger" write that?

Marc

Well Marc would you like it better if I called it an anti-American Russian
alternative newspaper?

http://www.exile.ru/

And no it seems a little twit wrote the above. Unless of course you are just
talking about a missing g in the word blogger and then you are just an
asshole.

Old September 27th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Marc Adler

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Well Marc would you like it better if I called it an anti-American Russian
alternative newspaper?

The writer is an American, and what's anti-American about the paper,
anyway?

Anyway, that and who or what kind of person wrote the article are
beside the point. Can you argue any of the points in the article
itself?

I'd like to see you try.

Marc

Old September 27th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

IMHO, making fun of a "pilot wannabee" because all he can afford is
MSFS is NOT the best way for us to grow GA.

That's not at all the problem with this guy. Read the threads - or
you're talking about things you don't know about, just like him.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 27th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Not a good analogy.

Actually, it's a perfect analogy.