Skycatcher crashes again

Old March 20th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

Default Skycatcher crashes again

Is this plane snakebit? Or is Cessna really testing their product better
than the other LSA manufacturers?

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article....mc_ sect=tts

Vaughn

Old March 20th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"vaughn" wrote:

Is this plane snakebit? Or is Cessna really testing their product better
than the other LSA manufacturers?

To soon to tell.

Wait until we know why it crashed.

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old March 21st 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
m...

"vaughn" wrote:

Is this plane snakebit? Or is Cessna really testing their product better
than the other LSA manufacturers?

To soon to tell.

Wait until we know why it crashed.

We have no need to know the reasons for the most recent crash to discuss
any differences between the testing program of the Skycatcher vs. that of
other LSAs.

Vaughn

Old March 21st 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

"vaughn" wrote in message
Is this plane snakebit? Or is Cessna really testing their product better
than the other LSA manufacturers?

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...ml?WT.mc_id=09
0320epilot&WT.mc_sect=tts

Vaughn

Cessna Lawn Dart!

It will be interesting to see whether the cause of the crash was pilot
error, manufacturing defect, design flaw, or what else.

Are the prototypes being built by Cessna here, or in Shengyang, by the
way?
Old March 21st 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"vaughn" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
m...

"vaughn" wrote:

Is this plane snakebit? Or is Cessna really testing their product
better than the other LSA manufacturers?

To soon to tell.

Wait until we know why it crashed.

We have no need to know the reasons for the most recent crash to discuss
any differences between the testing program of the Skycatcher vs. that of
other LSAs.

And we know how much about that, exactly?

Are you privy to the testing syllibi of Cessna and "other LSAs?"

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old March 21st 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

And we know how much about that, exactly?

We know the Cessna is claiming to do more testing than is required under
the LSA Industry Standards. It that biting them on the ass?

Are you privy to the testing syllibi of Cessna and "other LSAs?"

No, but given the range of folks that post here, I would not be surprised
to get a useful answer. Do you have anything useful to add yourself?

Vaughn

Old March 24th 09, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"vaughn" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

And we know how much about that, exactly?

We know the Cessna is claiming to do more testing than is required under
the LSA Industry Standards. It that biting them on the ass?

Are you privy to the testing syllibi of Cessna and "other LSAs?"

No,

Then how do you know "Cessna is claiming to do more testing than is required
under the LSA Industry Standards"

but given the range of folks that post here, I would not be surprised to
get a useful answer.

Perhaps, but that is beside the point.

Do you have anything useful to add yourself?

Never claimed I did. I questioned your assertion that "Cessna is claiming
to do more testing than is required under the LSA Industry Standards."

What is your basis for that assertion?

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old March 24th 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
m...

What is your basis for that assertion?

Cessna's claims.

Vaughn

Old March 24th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Camper

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:16:23 -0500, Dan Luke wrote:

"vaughn" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

And we know how much about that, exactly?

We know the Cessna is claiming to do more testing than is required under
the LSA Industry Standards. It that biting them on the ass?

Are you privy to the testing syllibi of Cessna and "other LSAs?"

No,

Then how do you know "Cessna is claiming to do more testing than is required
under the LSA Industry Standards"

but given the range of folks that post here, I would not be surprised to
get a useful answer.

Perhaps, but that is beside the point.

Do you have anything useful to add yourself?

Never claimed I did. I questioned your assertion that "Cessna is claiming
to do more testing than is required under the LSA Industry Standards."

What is your basis for that assertion?

Cessna - the new GM
--
http://tr.im/1f9p

F/A-18D Hornet crashes crashes in San Diego suburb, two homesdestroyed, Two dead so far AirRaid[_2_] Naval Aviation 0 December 9th 08 01:06 AM
162 Skycatcher crashes Kingfish Piloting 12 September 22nd 08 10:24 PM
RIP Cessna...Skycatcher Darkwing Piloting 134 December 5th 07 11:10 AM
Skycatcher IFR? Matt Whiting Owning 57 November 26th 07 11:59 PM
Skycatcher to be a import. Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 0 November 26th 07 05:01 PM