Pushers, pt 2 - Beech 2000 Starships.jpg (1/1)

Old March 2nd 18, 01:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Default Pushers, pt 2 - Beech 2000 Starships.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beech 2000 Starships.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	99933
Old March 2nd 18, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

Someone has one of these in where I live...see it every now and then.

*

Old March 2nd 18, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
news
In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Someone has one of these in where I live...see it every now and then.

*

I thought they were all recalled from the
private market because of liability concerns.

No?

Old March 2nd 18, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

Miloch wrote in
news
In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Someone has one of these in where I live...see it every now and then.

*

I thought they were all recalled from the
private market because of liability concerns.

No?

There must be at least one still flying...saw one overhead about a year
ago...ran to get my camera but it was gone by the time I got back out.

From
https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...hips-still-fly

Faced with the formidable cost of supporting such a small fleet, the
manufacturer decided to pull the plug on the program and moved to decommission
and destroy the aircraft under its control. As leases ended, the aircraft were
flown to the Evergreen Air Center at Marana, Ariz., for parting out and
incineration. Several were donated to museums, which promised never to allow the
aircraft to fly again. Six other owners traded in their Starships as well. In
the end, the majority of the fleet could be found at Evergreen nose-to-nose
awaiting disposal, and Beech long ago stopped talking about the aircraft.

Owners Keep ’em Flying

Yet, a handful of Starships escaped the purge and are still racking up flight
hours. According to the FAA, five Starships currently hold active standard
registration, including one based in Germany. Their owners remain passionate
about the aircraft, once derisively described by a former Beechcraft president
as looking like a Klingon battle cruiser, and have gone to great lengths to keep
them flying, long after their manufacturer left them virtual orphans. Of the
remaining airframes, there are two categories: those that never left private
ownership and those former Raytheon-owned Starships rescued from “death row,”
which had their spars drilled, similar to decommissioned military jets.

*

Old March 3rd 18, 02:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
news
In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
news
In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Someone has one of these in where I live...see it every now and
then.

*

I thought they were all recalled from the
private market because of liability concerns.

No?

There must be at least one still flying...saw one overhead about a
year ago...ran to get my camera but it was gone by the time I got back
out.

From
https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...r-century-late
r-starships-still-fly

[...]