A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Spot or InReach ??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8th 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Spot or InReach ??

My Spot renewal has come up, but not charged. Called Spot tried to get some info on their new device. Couldn't even find out if one would need a different data plan to access the two-way features. Tried a google search for information on the next gen two-way spot but could not find anything!

Question: if one was to purchase a new tracker which one would you choose and why? I am temped to renew my Spot and run with the Gen3 until the new two-way is released. I like that it (new Spot) has it's own keyboard and screen, but the features are not known. My other option would be to get the InReach mini. However, the InReach plans are set for 10 minute tracking intervals unless you pay $79.95 per month on an annual plan. With the spot plan for $214.95 a year I have 2 minute interval tracking.