Sec. of State Rice warns Russia about Bombers off Alaska

Old August 23rd 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
[email protected][_2_]

Default Sec. of State Rice warns Russia about Bombers off Alaska

On Aug 23, 3:46*pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:45:20 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Aug 23, 1:38*pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:12:35 -0700, Steve Hix

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

It is easier to avoid a snake than shoot it.

I've lived in rattlesnake country almost all my life. Never a problem,
as long I take some care turning over rocks or logs in the spring, when
the hatchlings are first out. If I could just convince the local bull
snakes to move in on the gophers...

Many western ranches do nothing to discourage rattlers in the barn.
They like the rodents less.

Casady

* * *Uh, not if they have livestock. Rattlesnake bites on cows are
expensive.

Livestock are in the pasture. Hay and equipment are in the barn. Any
snake in the barn is not in the pasture.

Casady

Not so much.....many livestocks end up in or around barns
fairly regularly. I've known a lot of farmers and ranchers.....they
put up with nonvenomous snakes. They kill venomous ones. Besides, most
ratters and mousers that I've seen are cats....with the occasional
terrier type dog.
And if they keep horses, all snakes get disposed of.....horses
really don't like snakes.
Old August 24th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
Richard Casady

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:37:16 -0700, Steve Hix
wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:12:35 -0700, Steve Hix

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

It is easier to avoid a snake than shoot it.

I've lived in rattlesnake country almost all my life. Never a problem,
as long I take some care turning over rocks or logs in the spring, when
the hatchlings are first out. If I could just convince the local bull
snakes to move in on the gophers...

Many western ranches do nothing to discourage rattlers in the barn.
They like the rodents less.

Casady

Uh, not if they have livestock. Rattlesnake bites on cows are
expensive.

Livestock are in the pasture. Hay and equipment are in the barn. Any
snake in the barn is not in the pasture.

Never worked with milking cows, or goats, or had horses? They all end up
in and around the barns regularly.

Western ranches few to no milking cows, who are not found in barns in
any case. They do have purpose built milking sheds, where they do have
dairy cattle, in places like Iowa. As for horses, modern ranches may
not have any, although they all have at least one pickup per person.
You are about as likely to find a modern cowboy in an airplane as on a
horse.

Casady
Old August 24th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
Steve Hix

In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:37:16 -0700, Steve Hix
wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:12:35 -0700, Steve Hix

wrote:
In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

[...]

It's not all King or Harris Ranch operations; there are a lot of small
operations out here, and some of them do have a couple of milk cows for
their own use. It's not like snakes can't wander into a milking shed,
either.

As for horses, modern ranches may not have any,

This would surprise the smallish horse-oriented operations out here.
Perhaps you should let them know that they must be raising some other
sort of livestock.

although they all have at least one pickup per person.
You are about as likely to find a modern cowboy in an airplane as on a
horse.

Not out here in the central California coastal range. There's more to
life than multi-million acre range, you know.
Old August 24th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Dean A. Markley wrote:
Dan wrote:
frank wrote:
On Aug 21, 8:03 pm, "Dean A. Markley" wrote:
korben dallas wrote:
eyeball wrote:
lol "john pumpkin from dumb****, ga warns solar system"
You live in Moscow, komrade?
this question is actually deeper than you might know, sonny ))
live? well, i work in oregon. of course, i have to kind of "live"
there.
or, more precisely, i "reside" there, since applying the word
"live" to
anywhere in the usa is like the greatest insult to life ever. nobody
lives in the usa.
i do in fact live in moscow when i go there about once a year on
vacation.
What part of Moscow do you live in? Which McDonalds is the closest to
you? Do the Russians prefer Coke or Pepsi?

Wait, we got Ruskies in Idaho? First they show up in Georgia, now
they're in Idaho? What the hell they do, take the Amtrak from
Berkeley?

Damn Bush and his black helicopters, where's my militia alert list....

If we give them Sacramento and Newark will they give us Georgia back?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Why do we want Georgia back? LOL

Good point, maybe we can give them New Jersey as an early Christmas
present.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired