Martha Stewart

Old March 6th 04, 04:15 PM
Rosspilot

Default Martha Stewart

My mistake . . . I was referring to the black lady who was interviewed on

TV (a
broadcast I personally saw) . . . not Mr. Hartridge. I'm searching the

web now
to see if there is a video of the interview I saw. Sorry about that . . .

Ok, please let us know. Everything I've been able to find refers to Mr.
Hartridge as the sole juror to have commented publicly on the trial.

Me, too--very frustrating since I saw it with my own eyes, and heard the legal
analyst
commenting that it would be grounds for an appeal. Can't find it using google
.. . .
but still watching TV news and looking.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 6th 04, 05:42 PM
Gary Drescher

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

My mistake . . . I was referring to the black lady who was interviewed

on
TV (a
broadcast I personally saw) . . . not Mr. Hartridge. I'm searching the

web now
to see if there is a video of the interview I saw. Sorry about that .

.. .

Ok, please let us know. Everything I've been able to find refers to Mr.
Hartridge as the sole juror to have commented publicly on the trial.

Me, too--very frustrating since I saw it with my own eyes, and heard the

legal
analyst
commenting that it would be grounds for an appeal. Can't find it using

google
. . .
but still watching TV news and looking.

Perhaps you mis-remembered the juror's gender, and perhaps either the TV
report took the "I would have liked to have heard from her" quote out of
context (sensationalizing the remark by misleadingly omitting "But it didn't
make a difference"--a majority of the print reports did precisely that), or
else perhaps your own recollection inadvertently performed that truncation
of the quote.

--Gary

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 6th 04, 07:25 PM
Rosspilot

My mistake . . . I was referring to the black lady who was interviewed

on
TV (a
broadcast I personally saw) . . . not Mr. Hartridge. I'm searching the
web now
to see if there is a video of the interview I saw. Sorry about that .

. .

[...]

Distinctly possible . . . but would a man be wearing a hate with flowers all
over it (as the one I saw being interviewed)?

Maybe I'm hallucinating . . . G

Was the male juror a very fat black man?

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 6th 04, 08:28 PM
Dave Stadt

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

My mistake . . . I was referring to the black lady who was

interviewed
on
TV (a
broadcast I personally saw) . . . not Mr. Hartridge. I'm searching

the
web now
to see if there is a video of the interview I saw. Sorry about that

..
. .

[...]

Maybe you have a gay marriage news bit mixed up with Martha.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 7th 04, 11:33 AM
Gary Drescher

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

[...]

Dunno about his appearance, but the reports do say he spoke on TV. By now,
several other jurors have been quoted too, but I still haven't seen any
claim that Stewart's silence was a factor in the verdict. On the contrary,
the jurors emphasize that they took seriously their responsibility to
carefully consider the evidence on its merits, and to resist extraneous
influences.

--Gary

www.Rosspilot.com