VENTUS 3 in Poland but no LS 10

Old July 24th 03, 03:43 AM
Michael

Default VENTUS 3 in Poland but no LS 10

Saw a Ventus 3 listed in the 18m class and I am wondering how
it is looking like? In 15m class we will miss the LS 10,
isn't it said?

Cheers
Michael

Old July 24th 03, 09:33 AM
Jasper Grannetia

I think the Ventus 3 is actually one of the latest Ventus 2 versions, the x
models. S-H did some refinements on the tailplane and installed new Maughmer
winslets.

Some time ago Aerokurier remarked that maybe S-H should have named it Ventus
3 straight out, to emphasize the improvements. Maybe this is where the
'Ventus 3' designation comes from. Or maybe somebody is trying to trying to
build a psychological advantage? :-)

I believe the LS10 is not yet certified.

CU

Jasper

om...

Old July 25th 03, 12:44 AM
Kevin Christner

Are you sure that Ventus 3 isn't a misprint. I heard they were going
to call the 2CX the V3 but changed their minds.

Mike Borgelt

More likely a deliberate play to worry other competitors. This kind
of thing has been going on forever. In 1970 the Belgian Henri Stouffs
registered his ship as an "LS1g." The American, and reigning World
Champ, AJ Smith, rightly believed his LS1c was the latest model. He
was heard asking all around about Stouffs ship. Finally, he just
happened to be near Stouffs and asked him directly. Stouffs replied,
"Oh, yes, it is just like your ship, but the airfoil is a little
different, but that can't really make a difference, can it?" Smith
finally realized hed been duped.... but possibly to late, as he didn't
do well at the beginning of the contest.

You will also notice Michael Grund of Germany has registered his ship
with a Ventus "2bxR." Likely trying to do the same thing as the guy
with the Ventus 3.

Kevin
Old July 25th 03, 07:49 AM
Bert Willing

The Ventus 2bxR is a Ventus 2b with modified tailplane and ballistic
recovery system.

Bert

om...

Old July 25th 03, 09:02 AM
ventus2ct (Ruud Holswilder)

Several V2CX's competing in 18M class.
For a photo see: http://www.glidingmagazine.com/PhotoGallery/347.jpg
Old July 26th 03, 01:54 AM
Dave Nadler \YO\

Ventus 2bxr has the glider-recovery chute where the motor would go.
That is the correct mfg designation.
Best Regards, Dave

om...