Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old August 8th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:08:14 GMT, "Glenn"
wrote:

I concur :-)

"Boomerang" wrote in message
.. .
Don...as a geezer fully capable in yEnc and a dozen other equally
unpronounceable software applications, I think this message of yours is an
absolute masterpiece of compassion, consideration and common sense.
Nicely done!!

A top poster concurring. That's funny.

Old August 8th 07, 04:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:08:26 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:35:55 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

snip

I see Don is repeating that same nonsense implying force.

And I see that anything that anyone other than yourself says is always
nonsense.

OK, I'll bite. Tell me how force was involved.

I never
insisted on anything.

Smug re-invented and expanded ! For starters, you insisted that the
established guidelines of this group are null and void. Then you insisted
that you will post any way you choose and those who can't read your posts
can upgrade to your standards or leave.

Well, that's two big lies in one paragraph. I never said the
guidelines were null and void. I would note, however, that guidelines
aren't rules, and that in any case thet were agreed to a couple of
years ago, which is quite long ago for a Usenet group The more
egregious lie is that I told people they could upgrade or leave. I
challenge you to produce the post in which I said anything even
remotely like "leave." I did say it was their choice to view my
pictures or not. I have never in any way, shape, or form told anyone
to leave. You ought to apologize.

Yes, you need yEnc decoding to see my pictures,

Because you insist.

but you also need a newsreader, and a computer. So even if I didn't
use yEnc, I'd be leaving behind those who lacked that hardware and
software.

In addition to those who don't want to use yEnc.

I see you missed the point altogether.

Perhaps I should just print my pictures and snailmail them
out to all! Otherwise I'm "forcing" them to either buy a computer or
be "left behind."

This is a great idea! Should we send you our mailing addresses?

Yes, along with an SSAE and a nominal handling fee of $5 per 8X10.

The notion of "struggle" is also phony.

As is any other opinion that is not in lockstep with yours.

Boiy, people can't disagree with you, can they! I guess I ought to
bow to the anti-yEnc police!

Downloading Agent and
clicking "install" is hardly a struggle.

For most, this is true.

"Struggle" is what I did
this morning after I installed a different firewall and found that I
could not get Windows to load--that took some computer experience,
time, and liberal use of profanity directed at Zone Alarm, Webroot,
and Microsoft.

Then perhaps you can appreciate those who struggle with lesser issues?

Sure, but if you WANT something bad enough, the struggle is worth it.
Your attitude is fundamentally opposed to the American achievement
orientation. As I've pointed out before, though, it certainly is
characteristic of what we have become--a society of people who believe
they are entitled to things without effort.

There's no struggle in getting yEnc decoding at
all--at least not the way I did it.

Congratulations!

As I've pointed out before, I
knew very little about yEnc until the brouhaha on this group,

Be honest - you brought the brouhaha to the group!

I most certainly did not. As I've noted, I was totally unaware of the
yEnc controversy in the group since prior to this episode, I only
downloaded images from this group (I didn't even read accompanying
text). I posted some images quite innocently, but instead of some
comment like "hey, nice images" I got Maple 1's snide comment. Gosh,
what a nice welcome! Well, I may have I shot back when some took
shots at me, but I hardly started the fight. However, once people
decided they wanted to fight this whole issue all over again
apparently, I didn't back away.

I still think that if anti-yEnc'ers had had the decency to inform me
of theirr preference in a nice way, I would have honored it. But
people who behave like assholes only deserve a "screw you!"

and you
don't need to understand it one bit to use it

And you don't need a college degree to turn it off.

Sorry, but PowerPost can only post in yEnc. Or are you suggesting I
download and install some other batch posting program--something you'd
never suggest to your anti-yEnc friends?

--in fact, it is no more
complicated than the UU encoding one person erroneously referred to as
"basic."

Of course that person's thoughts are erroneous.

Yep. UU is older, not more basic. Try reading a technical
description of how both work--one is not more complicated than the
other.

About the only thing that can be said for sticking with UU encoding
only is that it was the way things had always been done. I am totally
impatient with that attitude, and I expect that I always will be no
matter how old I live to be. I like new things, I like progress.

Can you really believe that this entire group should adapt to your
impatience and attitudes?

Absolutely not! Stop putting words in my mouth! You can all do what
you damn well please, and so will I. I am posting aviation pictures
in alt.binaries.pictures.aviation, the only such newsgroup devoted to
such pictures. Nobody has to change their behavior or attitude one
bit. As I've said several times, you can download my pictures and
view them or not.

The notion of "choice" seems oddly foreign to some people in this
group. They have somehow gotten it in their heads that if things
aren't handed to them on a platter, they didn't have a choice.

And the idea that such attitudes are the exception in older folks is
just flat-out ageism. Don's claim would provoke laughter at our local
senior center (which is fully computer-equipped).

Gee, the senior centers here are fully equipped with giant checkers and
dominoes. Where are these centers? Are they LAN wired in each room or are
they wi-fi equipped?

Don't know about the last (which is irrelevant to the issue anyway),
but you can drop in at the Oshkosh Senior Center and check it out. I
would have a hard time believing that a cow town like Oshkosh somehow
had a more technologically advanced senior center than other places.

I'm giving Don the "straw man creation" prize.

Thanks but I don't believe you are sanctioned to award prizes.

Sure I am, so long as I made it up and paid for it.

I would
offer you one but it appears you are your own best prize.

Noise, why don't you just join this group on its own terms and try to enjoy
the camaraderie? Who knows, you may make some valuable friends, including
myself. I just refuse to stand and salute when you enter the room.

First, there is no "group"--that's an Internet illusion. At best it
is an assemblage of people with exactly one shared interest, who don't
even interact on a face-to-face basis. That hardly meets the
sociological criteria for a group. Second, there's no "its own
terms"-- if you go over all of the posts on this issue in the past two
weeks, you'll find the anti-yEnc posters don't even outnumber those
who are fine with yEnc. Third, camaraderie is nice, but I'm here for
airplane pictures. If there wasn't camaraderie, I'd stay anyway; if
there weren't airplane pictures, I'd be gone. Finally, I'm stunned
that you would claim you would make a "valuable friend." Sorry, I
don't need anyone with that much of an inflated ego that they actually
tell others they'd be valuable.

I wonder if you even see the contradiction in your last paragraph. You
invite me to join a "group" on "its own terms", but turn right around
and suggest I'm demanding you "stand and salute." Are you blind, Don?
You just asked ME to stand and salute a group whose composition is
uncertain and whose attitudes are at best mixed, yet you imply that
I;m asking others to stand and salute. Again, I most certainly am
not. I'm posting pictures--pictures which have gotten UNANIMOUS
positive comment from those whove seen them. I am not praising my own
pictures here. All I'm saying is that I'm posting aviation pictures,
people are finding them to be at least good enough to view, and I
don't think you can ask any more of me in an aviation pictures group.
I will not kiss your ass or anyone else's, and I dont submit to
"group" tyranny.
Old August 8th 07, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

wrote:

snip

I see Don is repeating that same nonsense implying force.

And I see that anything that anyone other than yourself says is always
nonsense.

Nowhere has Plane suggested forcing anything on anyone. You either
can either look at the yenc pictures, or move on. Man, that is
simple.

I never
insisted on anything.

Smug re-invented and expanded ! For starters, you insisted that the
established guidelines of this group are null and void. Then you insisted
that you will post any way you choose and those who can't read your posts
can upgrade to your standards or leave.

This is not a moderated ng and it is usenet. You can not insist on
anything, no one can. Plan sure as hell isn't insisting you download
software to see his pics or get a better new reader.

BTW, those that can not see his pictures are missing a valuable source
of aviation photos. If he's a pro, he's a good one. If he's an
amateur, he is an outstanding one.

Yes, you need yEnc decoding to see my pictures,

Because you insist.

Where does he insist? I haven't seen it.

but you also need a newsreader, and a computer. So even if I didn't
use yEnc, I'd be leaving behind those who lacked that hardware and
software.

In addition to those who don't want to use yEnc.

If they don't want to use yenc, that is fine and dandy. They should,
however, stop their incessant whining about it. "Woe is me. I'm
stuck in yesterday's technology....boohooo...."

Perhaps I should just print my pictures and snailmail them
out to all! Otherwise I'm "forcing" them to either buy a computer or
be "left behind."

This is a great idea! Should we send you our mailing addresses?

You'd bitch and moan about the creases in the photos, wouldn't you?
It's your nature. Nothing pleases you except your own ideas.

The notion of "struggle" is also phony.

As is any other opinion that is not in lockstep with yours.

If their is anyone "struggling" with their newsreader or their soft
ware, there are plenty of folks here to help. Plane has offered his
services.

Downloading Agent and
clicking "install" is hardly a struggle.

For most, this is true.

"Struggle" is what I did
this morning after I installed a different firewall and found that I
could not get Windows to load--that took some computer experience,
time, and liberal use of profanity directed at Zone Alarm, Webroot,
and Microsoft.

Then perhaps you can appreciate those who struggle with lesser issues?

There's no struggle in getting yEnc decoding at
all--at least not the way I did it.

Congratulations!

As I've pointed out before, I
knew very little about yEnc until the brouhaha on this group,

Be honest - you brought the brouhaha to the group!

No, he brought some fantastic photography to the group. You should
praise his work instead of insisting he is the enemy.

and you
don't need to understand it one bit to use it

And you don't need a college degree to turn it off.

--in fact, it is no more
complicated than the UU encoding one person erroneously referred to as
"basic."

Of course that person's thoughts are erroneous.

About the only thing that can be said for sticking with UU encoding
only is that it was the way things had always been done. I am totally
impatient with that attitude, and I expect that I always will be no
matter how old I live to be. I like new things, I like progress.

Can you really believe that this entire group should adapt to your
impatience and attitudes?

He didn't say that. Learn to read.

And the idea that such attitudes are the exception in older folks is
just flat-out ageism. Don's claim would provoke laughter at our local
senior center (which is fully computer-equipped).

Gee, the senior centers here are fully equipped with giant checkers and
dominoes. Where are these centers? Are they LAN wired in each room or are
they wi-fi equipped?

Most around here are wi-fi. Pretty nifty to see the old codgers using
such a "complicated" contraption.

I'm giving Don the "straw man creation" prize.

Thanks but I don't believe you are sanctioned to award prizes. I would
offer you one but it appears you are your own best prize.

Noise, why don't you just join this group on its own terms and try to enjoy
the camaraderie? Who knows, you may make some valuable friends, including
myself. I just refuse to stand and salute when you enter the room.

I doubt you are a "valuable" friend to anyone. You seem set in your
ways, unwilling to look at something that is "different", willing to
stay in the technological past, and no one wants you to stand a
salute.

You can not "join this group" because "this group" does not exist. It
may exist in your selfish little mind, but this is usenet, there are
few rules, and none about what format *must* be used to post pictures.
Get a life.

Dave

Old August 8th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Dave LaCourse wrote:

A top poster concurring. That's funny.

And a bottom poster too stupid to know how to trim a post is just as
funny.

You don't care to follow the posting guidelines regarding Yenc.

You don't care to follow the posting guidelines regarding trimming
posts.

What the **** why don't you start posting in HTML and make it three for
three.
Old August 8th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Bert-Jan wrote:

please keep your posts as small as you can.

Then why did you quote two different posters instead of trimming the
posts like I did.??????

I know I will.

You have already proven that statement to be not true.
Old August 8th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Just *how* are we leaving *anyone* behind?

Listen asswipe as I have explained in this very group before......

I CANNOT GET SOFTWARE THAT WILL DECODE YENC ON MY COMPUTER.

It is an older system with no way to upgrade to the point where I can
decode these mythical Yenc files.

Oh boo hoo hoo..... Yah I know poor boy, go out and buy a new computer,
yada yada yada.

No I am not going to buy a new computer just so I can see your pictures.

It was decide long ago that this group would be NON YENC.

Your the one causing the trouble in this group.

If you and your fellow asshole just plain noise as such fans of
aviation that you two misfits decided to join this group and start
posting pictures then why oh why will you not act as responsible adults
with some consideration to the rest of the group and turn YENC off when
posting to this group.

How many times do I have to tell you not everyone is in a position to
decode Yenc.

Old August 8th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:26:38 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Just *how* are we leaving *anyone* behind?

Listen asswipe as I have explained in this very group before.....

Ahh, you lost already. No need for name calling Shiver (or whatever
your real name is.
I CANNOT GET SOFTWARE THAT WILL DECODE YENC ON MY COMPUTER.

You do not NEED software to decode it. You need something besides
Outlook Depressed. You need a good, modern newsreader.

It is an older system with no way to upgrade to the point where I can
decode these mythical Yenc files.

They aren't mythical. They're real. And if you can't decode them
then that is fine. Nobody is telling you that you must do anything.
You can remain in the dark and miss some very nice posting by Plane.

Oh boo hoo hoo..... Yah I know poor boy, go out and buy a new computer,
yada yada yada.

No need to. Get a good newsreader.

No I am not going to buy a new computer just so I can see your pictures.

See above.

It was decide long ago that this group would be NON YENC.

This "group" can not decide *anything*. This is a non-moderated news
group. Anyone, *ANYONE*, can post in *any* format the desire. You,
as a *user* of this newsgroup can choose to download a picture or
ignore it. This isn't brain surgery, Shiver. You don't like yenc,
fine. Pass it over like it doesn't exist.

Your the one causing the trouble in this group.

Yeah. My middle name is trouble and my fodder can beat up your
fodder.

If you and your fellow asshole just plain noise as such fans of
aviation that you two misfits decided to join this group and start
posting pictures then why oh why will you not act as responsible adults
with some consideration to the rest of the group and turn YENC off when
posting to this group.

Duh. The boy will just not learn! I don't have to, I can not, join
this group. It is FREE. It is on usenet for ALL to use, and you have
NO right to tell ANYONE what format they can and can not post in.
Yenc is here to stay, and I hope Plane is too, so you better get a
good newsreader because more yencers will follow and soon you'll be
left with very little to down-load. Or not. No one cares if you like
or dislike yenc. It doesn't matter what YOU feel. There are NO rules
against anyone using the format THEY want.

How many times do I have to tell you not everyone is in a position to
decode Yenc.

Bull kaka. EVERYONE can get yenc with a good newsreader. Your
problem is you haven't even tried, have you? Let me tell you
something, Mr. Shiver or Mr. Anonymous, you are missing some wonderful
art produced by Plane. His pictures are superb. It's your childish
foot stomping and SCREACHING that prevents you from even trying.

[...]

My, my, my. You do have a childish streak in you, don't you? d;o)

My computer can down-load your SCHREACHING, but can yours down-load my
laughing at you? Is that what's bothering you, Bunky?

Dave LaCourse
(Who can't and won't hide behind some anonymous nym)

Old August 8th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:15:59 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:

A top poster concurring. That's funny.

And a bottom poster too stupid to know how to trim a post is just as
funny.

Oh, you mean like this:
[...]

I have never posted in Yenc. If you can show me where I did, I'll
give ya a hundred bucks. Guidelines are not rules, Mr. Anonymous.
This is an unmoderated newsgroup and unless usenet rules are broken,
there is nothing you can do about it. Live with it. When you see
yenc, pass it by. Nobody will care. Of course, you will miss some
great art, but *I* surely don't care about that. No one does.

You don't care to follow the posting guidelines regarding trimming
posts.

See your rant above.

What the **** why don't you start posting in HTML and make it three for
three.

Why would I? Plane or anyone posting or supporting yenc is not trying
to anger you, Mr. Anonymous. YOU have no right to tell ANYONE what
they can and can not post.

Dave LaCourse

Old August 8th 07, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:18:35 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Bert-Jan wrote:

please keep your posts as small as you can.

Then why did you quote two different posters instead of trimming the
posts like I did.??????

I know I will.

You have already proven that statement to be not true.

Shut up, Shiver. You are becoming painfully boring with your
incessant whining.

"You can't do this. You can't do that? Never mind why? It is MY
newsgroup. You're an asshole. You're an asswipe. Get out of MY
newsgroup." You remind me of the little rich kid in my neighborhood
who had to have his way otherwise he wouldn't let us use his baseball
bat, that is until my dad bought ME a bat. Too funny.

Dave (waiting to be called yet another nasty name by nasy mouth Mr.
Anonymous)

Old August 8th 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

wrote:

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:35:55 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

snip

snipitall

The more
egregious lie is that I told people they could upgrade or leave. I
challenge you to produce the post in which I said anything even
remotely like "leave." I did say it was their choice to view my
pictures or not. I have never in any way, shape, or form told anyone
to leave. You ought to apologize.

sniptherest

OK, Noise, I took your challenge and searched your posts. You definitely
have not said anyone can leave the group.

Crow is not my favorite snack but I will have a plate full for you. My
sincere apology is extended to you for my error.

Adios

gdp