US Coverup of Me-262 Mach Flight

Old September 26th 03, 07:01 AM
robert arndt

Default US Coverup of Me-262 Mach Flight

http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Chelain69-71.html

Someday the real history of Mach flight will be revealed as well as
the German disc aircraft programs of the Third Reich; that is,
whenever the US declassifies that info... or until 2020.
I'll wait it out just so people like Gordon and Al Minyard will have
to admit they were wrong. Can't wait until the first photos surface of
these craft in flight and/or the acknowledgement that the Me-262 broke
the sound barrier first in 1945.
Who will be red-faced then with embarassment and humiliation?

Rob
Old September 26th 03, 08:00 AM
B2431

Someday the real history of Mach flight will be revealed as well as
the German disc aircraft programs of the Third Reich; that is,
whenever the US declassifies that info... or until 2020.

OK, you seem so well read tell us about the "disc aircraft."

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old September 26th 03, 02:06 PM
Emilio

This story has zero technical information; nothing!

I don't think Me262 had enough power or right airframe design to go faster
than sound. One of the main problems with supersonic flight was elevator
reversal. Me262 don't have the right control surface. I think the jet
engine would have stall as speed increased to speed of sound do to shock
wave formation at the intake.

Do you know why there is no record? Every pilot who tried to fly faster
than sound is dead.

Emilio.

om...

Old September 26th 03, 03:23 PM
Kevin Brooks

(robert arndt) wrote in message . com...
http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Chelain69-71.html

Someday the real history of Mach flight will be revealed as well as
the German disc aircraft programs of the Third Reich; that is,
whenever the US declassifies that info... or until 2020.
I'll wait it out just so people like Gordon and Al Minyard will have
to admit they were wrong. Can't wait until the first photos surface of
these craft in flight and/or the acknowledgement that the Me-262 broke
the sound barrier first in 1945.
Who will be red-faced then with embarassment and humiliation?

Rob

Am I the only guy around here who finds these rants a bit reminiscent
of the Dr. Strangelove character?

Brooks
Old September 26th 03, 03:38 PM
Bill Silvey

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
om
(robert arndt) wrote in message
. com...
http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Chelain69-71.html

Someday the real history of Mach flight will be revealed as well as
the German disc aircraft programs of the Third Reich; that is,
whenever the US declassifies that info... or until 2020.
I'll wait it out just so people like Gordon and Al Minyard will have
to admit they were wrong. Can't wait until the first photos surface
of these craft in flight and/or the acknowledgement that the Me-262
broke the sound barrier first in 1945.
Who will be red-faced then with embarassment and humiliation?

Rob

Am I the only guy around here who finds these rants a bit reminiscent
of the Dr. Strangelove character?

Brooks

"Mein Furher! I can VALK!"

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old September 26th 03, 04:07 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
(robert arndt) wrote:

http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Chelain69-71.html

Someday the real history of Mach flight will be revealed as well as
the German disc aircraft programs of the Third Reich; that is,
whenever the US declassifies that info... or until 2020.

See other post.

Putting a plane into a 40 degree dive doesn't count, or the P-38 would
have made this "record" in 1941.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old September 26th 03, 04:44 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. ..

Putting a plane into a 40 degree dive doesn't count, or the P-38 would
have made this "record" in 1941.

Supersonic flight in a dive would have counted, but no P-38 ever exceeded
the speed of sound in any attitude.

Old September 26th 03, 05:50 PM
Bill Silvey

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net
"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. ..

Putting a plane into a 40 degree dive doesn't count, or the P-38
would have made this "record" in 1941.

Supersonic flight in a dive would have counted, but no P-38 ever
exceeded the speed of sound in any attitude.

I don't have it in front of me but IIRC Yeager said in "Wings" that a P-51
could do it.

Old September 26th 03, 06:13 PM
Chad Irby

In article . net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
. ..

Putting a plane into a 40 degree dive doesn't count, or the P-38 would
have made this "record" in 1941.

Supersonic flight in a dive would have counted, but no P-38 ever exceeded
the speed of sound in any attitude.

Some reports suggest it did. It had the streamlining and terminal
velocity characteristics to manage it, if the pilot could deal with the
compressibility problems. But the claims are, to say the least, iffy.

They have about the same provenence as the Me-262 claim in the first
post, though, so they don't count. And if the Me-262 counts, they
should too.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.