never mind

Old July 19th 03, 07:32 PM
JasonSJbird

Default never mind

I solved the Beechjet 400 download problem on my own. Turns out it must be
something with my mousedriver. If a breeze so much as swipes it, it will kill
the download from eaglesoft. Last night I surfed and downloaded the jet at 2am
when there was likely to be low U.S. traffic. Took two hrs and I didnt go
anywhere near the computer.

Anyway as a thirty something I am now priviledged to give one of those "back in
the day" speeches. Let's just say that this board has turned into a freeway
situation where you have a flat and no one stops to help these days. My post
was on three days. Too bad. I guess thats why I dont come thru here as much
anymore.
Old July 19th 03, 07:45 PM
Brett Holcomb

Maybe it's because none of us had answers, Jason. We don't know
everything G and rather than clutter the group with useless traffic we
say nothing. It also depends on how much information you give - I didn't
see the first post so I don't know what you gave.

You do have to admit that a mouse interfering with a download is very
unusual situation. Maybe there is something else wrong with you machine.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Microsoft MVP
AKA Grunt
Remove R777 to email
Old July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Peter Duniho

"JasonSJbird" wrote in message
Anyway as a thirty something I am now priviledged to give one of those

"back in
the day" speeches. Let's just say that this board has turned into a

freeway
situation where you have a flat and no one stops to help these days. My

post
was on three days. Too bad. I guess thats why I dont come thru here as

much
anymore.

Good riddance, with an attitude like that.

Your original post didn't say where you were trying to download the file
from, it didn't say how you were trying to unzip the file, nor did it
mention whether the file really was zero length, or if you managed to
download as much data as you expected. For that matter, nowhere in your
original post did you actually even ASK for help! For all anyone could
tell, you were just venting.

Then, in the end, your trouble turned out to be something that probably NO
ONE here would have been able to figure out. And you get snotty because no
one wasted their time trying to help someone who didn't bother to describe
the problem with any detail, nor even say exactly what they want?

Maybe when you're forty-something, your self-assignment of privilege will
include a helping of humility.

Pete

Old July 19th 03, 08:39 PM
Dave Pearson

* JasonSJbird :

Anyway as a thirty something I am now priviledged to give one of those
"back in the day" speeches. Let's just say that this board has turned into
a freeway situation where you have a flat and no one stops to help these
days. My post was on three days. Too bad. I guess thats why I dont come
thru here as much anymore.

You might want to consider a couple of reasonable reasons why you didn't get
a response. Things like slow propagation (this is usenet you know, it
*isn't* a "board"), no propagation (perhaps your post didn't get very far
around the world's news servers), being more or less "holiday season" in the
Northern Hemisphere can have an impact too. And, on top of that, perhaps
nobody had a useful suggestion.

As a fellow thirty-something I can say that "back in my day" people used to
appreciate that usenet (and BBS systems too) were often a slow medium and
that lack of help didn't mean that nobody wanted to help.

But, just perhaps, it's important to you that you think it's the "nobody
helped with a flat" thing?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 20th 03, 11:08 AM
Ed Medlin

[...]

If you can't find courteous and helpful people here, you are badly mistaken.
Maybe when you are 50 something like myself you will better appreciate the
fine folks here. I saw your post and didn't have a clue as to what your
problem was so didn't answer. It happens.

Ed Medlin

Old July 20th 03, 11:26 AM
quilljar

Hey I'm a 60 something, but I've been away for the weekend.
What's going on?
What's happened?
Have I missed something?
Oh dear!

Old July 21st 03, 12:33 PM
quilljar

I don't believe it !!!

Old August 2nd 03, 07:00 PM
Hardin9745

I think medicare should pay for my ISP once I reach 65 since none of you
selfish *******s on this board will help me pay for it.