A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New/Old Video and Glider PR - John Denver & Janus



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old November 22nd 16, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 416
Default New/Old Video and Glider PR - John Denver & Janus

On 11/22/2016 9:01 AM, Dieter B wrote:
Good Morning Cindy

This Janus N68G was part of my fleet. It was flown by David Johns then in
the back seat since JD was not quite ready in his training to fly it solo.
I was the tow pilot. The owner of the eagle had gone up on the chairlft at
Aspen Highlands and launched the eagle from there. They were trying to get
some frames with the eagle to fly formation with the glider, but in reality
that is hard to do because the speeds the two fly. They came close to each
other some time but then you see the eagle go into attack mode. With
today's cams while circling in thermals possibly with 2 gliders in cams
that could be done now. The flick showed the Maroon Bells an Aspen Icon and
Lodges peak is the launching point of the eagle with it's owner.

I met you when I picked up a Stemme basket case at your place. The Janus I
sold to a pilot who flies the ridge in PA which happened about 10 years
before I picked up that Stemme. That one I flew until not long ago when I
retired from flying because of health reasons.

Think Up Dieter Gliders Of Aspen

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:55:35 PM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
A crazy link took me to a John Denver video on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ChlFnXct


Snip...

Wow. Very nicely done Blast-from-the-Past. Kudos to everyone involved...and
"Thank You!" to those responsible for "YouTubing" it.

Bob W.

Ads
  #12  
Old November 23rd 16, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default New/Old Video and Glider PR - John Denver & Janus

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 12:13:12 PM UTC-6, BobW wrote:
On 11/22/2016 9:01 AM, Dieter B wrote:
Good Morning Cindy

This Janus N68G was part of my fleet. It was flown by David Johns then in
the back seat since JD was not quite ready in his training to fly it solo.
I was the tow pilot. The owner of the eagle had gone up on the chairlft at
Aspen Highlands and launched the eagle from there. They were trying to get
some frames with the eagle to fly formation with the glider, but in reality
that is hard to do because the speeds the two fly. They came close to each
other some time but then you see the eagle go into attack mode. With
today's cams while circling in thermals possibly with 2 gliders in cams
that could be done now. The flick showed the Maroon Bells an Aspen Icon and
Lodges peak is the launching point of the eagle with it's owner.


I met you when I picked up a Stemme basket case at your place. The Janus I
sold to a pilot who flies the ridge in PA which happened about 10 years
before I picked up that Stemme. That one I flew until not long ago when I
retired from flying because of health reasons.

Think Up Dieter Gliders Of Aspen


I believe it was David Jones of Aspen.
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:55:35 PM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
A crazy link took me to a John Denver video on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ChlFnXct


Snip...

Wow. Very nicely done Blast-from-the-Past. Kudos to everyone involved...and
"Thank You!" to those responsible for "YouTubing" it.

Bob W.


  #13  
Old November 23rd 16, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,315
Default New/Old Video and Glider PR - John Denver & Janus

About 25 years ago my glider partner and I picked up a spool of armored
tow target cable from you in Aspen. We used it on the BFSS winch.

Dan

On 11/22/2016 8:47 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 12:13:12 PM UTC-6, BobW wrote:
On 11/22/2016 9:01 AM, Dieter B wrote:
Good Morning Cindy

This Janus N68G was part of my fleet. It was flown by David Johns then in
the back seat since JD was not quite ready in his training to fly it solo.
I was the tow pilot. The owner of the eagle had gone up on the chairlft at
Aspen Highlands and launched the eagle from there. They were trying to get
some frames with the eagle to fly formation with the glider, but in reality
that is hard to do because the speeds the two fly. They came close to each
other some time but then you see the eagle go into attack mode. With
today's cams while circling in thermals possibly with 2 gliders in cams
that could be done now. The flick showed the Maroon Bells an Aspen Icon and
Lodges peak is the launching point of the eagle with it's owner.

I met you when I picked up a Stemme basket case at your place. The Janus I
sold to a pilot who flies the ridge in PA which happened about 10 years
before I picked up that Stemme. That one I flew until not long ago when I
retired from flying because of health reasons.

Think Up Dieter Gliders Of Aspen

I believe it was David Jones of Aspen.
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:55:35 PM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
A crazy link took me to a John Denver video on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ChlFnXct
Snip...

Wow. Very nicely done Blast-from-the-Past. Kudos to everyone involved...and
"Thank You!" to those responsible for "YouTubing" it.

Bob W.


--
Dan, 5J
  #14  
Old November 25th 16, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 268
Default New/Old Video and Glider PR - John Denver & Janus

Thanks for bringing that to our attention! I have to show the video to my wife. She loves John Denver's music - and gliders and birds.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glider Pilots Ground School, Denver, Colorado Frank Whiteley Soaring 1 January 14th 15 07:51 PM
Janus 2-seat glider as a club glider? K_Miller Soaring 35 February 3rd 13 11:43 PM
Anyone Travelling from Denver to Nashville area this week that wouldwant to pull a glider?? MP Soaring 2 May 25th 09 03:54 PM
Soaring video Denver Channel 4 John H. Campbell Soaring 2 December 21st 06 03:35 AM
Homebuilding Killed John Denver never_moore352 Home Built 36 September 4th 04 03:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.