Glider crash near Reno yesterday

Old October 3rd 18, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Glider crash near Reno September 2nd 2018 (retitled from "yesterday"

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 7:04:09 AM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
Retitled from "yesterday" to make future searches easier.

A standard date format would work better if you want to facilitate search. For example 9/2/2018
Old October 3rd 18, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 10:29:29 AM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 7:04:09 AM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
Retitled from "yesterday" to make future searches easier.

A standard date format would work better if you want to facilitate search. For example 9/2/2018

The nice thing about standards is that you have so many of them to choose from. :-)
Old October 3rd 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

True, many places out of the US use a different format for date (my wife programs for databases worldwide, I get to hear that often.....).
Just like RS-232, there are many standards.

As to mandates, I have ridden motorcycles for 40+ years, I hate mandatory helmet laws, but unless putt-putting in the driveway, I always wear a helmet.

Guess some of this falls under "anti authority" which is a knock in the training that is covered being a CFI of any type.
Old October 3rd 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I am not anti authority, just pro freedom.Â* It's about our Constitution
which all good US citizens should be conversant with. Oh, yeah, I live
in a "no helmet law" state, but I still wear a helmet when I ride.Â* And
I don't have a camera mounted on my helmet, either.

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 3rd 18, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 9:29:29 AM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 7:04:09 AM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
Retitled from "yesterday" to make future searches easier.

A standard date format would work better if you want to facilitate search. For example 9/2/2018

What you suggest is in no way 'a standard'. It's basically the US. Much more obvious and common standard is 2018-09-02, plus it makes sorting in ascending order easy.
Old October 4th 18, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

“A standard date format would work better if you want to facilitate search. For example 9/2/2018â€

But the accident happened in September, not the 9th of February!😉

Glider accident in Reno GM Soaring 1 April 16th 15 07:32 PM
Motor-glider talks at SSA convention in Reno Dave Nadler Soaring 10 April 21st 14 03:15 AM
Reno crash story in Reno Gazette-Journal Rich S.[_1_] Home Built 3 September 14th 07 10:27 PM
EEA crash yesterday John Szalay Aviation Photos 5 July 28th 07 08:32 PM
Glider down near Reno - pilot OK James D'Andrea Soaring 61 December 2nd 05 07:39 AM