Merry Christmas to all...

Old December 23rd 05, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Merry Christmas to all...

The following was copied from 'nother thread:

For My Democrat Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress,
non-addictive,
gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced
within the
most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice,
or secular
practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasion and/or
traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at
all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted
calendar year
2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of
other cultures
whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to
imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only
America in the
Western Hemisphere, and without regard to the race, creed, color,
age, physical
ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By
accepting these
greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to
clarification or
withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the
original greeting. It
implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the
wishes for
herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and
is revocable
at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to
perform as expected
within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year
or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the
sole discretion
of the wisher."

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and
Prosperous New Year.

Old December 23rd 05, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
The following was copied from 'nother thread:

For My Democrat Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress,

{snipped to save bandwidth}

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and
Prosperous New Year.

That is just too funny ... and, sadly, too true. :-)

Matt
Old December 23rd 05, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

http://www.reuters.hu/card_dom/index_content.html
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1094/
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1022/
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/1064/

The following was copied from 'nother thread:
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
[...]

Reposted for ease of readability.

Old December 23rd 05, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and
Prosperous New Year.

What do you say to those who will not be herded in one of these 2 groups?

Old December 23rd 05, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What do you say to those who will not be herded in one of these 2 groups?

How about 'Look out for the wall!' :^)
"In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians
called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukka'
and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People
passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy

Hanukka!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!'" - Dave Barry

Old December 23rd 05, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I always have a very tough time with that. Many of my clients are Jewish.
I'm of the Christian faith. Many times I have to bite my tongue, as I would
normally say "Merry Christmas". Instead if I am going to give holiday
cheer, I always make sure to say "Happy Holidays".

John

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com

Old December 24th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Huthmaker" wrote in message
nk.net...
I always have a very tough time with that. Many of my clients are Jewish.
I'm of the Christian faith.

I don't know any Jewish people who would be offended by being told "Merry
Christmas", nor would I be offended if someone else wished me a happy
Hanukah or Kwanza or whatever winter solstice holiday was appropriate to
them.

I'm sure there are such people out there, but there's no point in worrying
about whether you'll offend them or not. They're looking to be offended,
and they'll find a way to be offended no matter what.

Pete

Old December 24th 05, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:2dLqf.645944$_o.489482@attbi_s71...
"In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season

In our VERY politically correct college town (one of our friends who works at the University of Iowa was ordered by
the HR director to remove a 6-inch ceramic Christmas tree from her desk, because it "might offend" someone!) it's
the norm to say "Happy Holidays!"

Almost NO ONE here says, "Merry Christmas!"

However, I take comfort in the knowledge that "Holiday" is derived from "Holy Day" -- and thus the PC Nazis are
actually inadvertently sanctioning saying the same thing as everyone else...

:-)

Merry Christmas!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I thought you were an agnostic?

Old December 24th 05, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

JohnH wrote:

What do you say to those who will not be herded in one of these 2 groups?

Get an after-life?

Jack
Old December 24th 05, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Flyingmonk wrote:
The following was copied from 'nother thread:

For My Democrat Friends:

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress,

{snipped to save bandwidth}

For My Republican Friends:

Here's wishing all of You a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and
Prosperous New Year.

That is just too funny ... and, sadly, too true. :-)

Actually, its to stupid to be either funny or true.