IFR through Florida - airways?

Old January 21st 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

Default IFR through Florida - airways?

On 1/15/2007 9:37:17 PM, "L. R. Du Broff" wrote:

OP was from NY area. If you can handle IFR there (I got initial
training at Colts Neck, many years ago), Florida won't have any nasty
surprises for you.

Thanks, L.R.

I returned from the trip last night. IFR down to Miami on Thursday and back
on Saturday evening. Total hours down with one fuel stop was 8 hours, thanks
to some moderate and stronger than forecasted headwinds. Return trip was an
hour and a half shorter, with lighter headwinds.

Lesson learned the hard way: All the FBOs at Tamiami airport in Miami closes
up tighter than a government office on a holiday after 9:30pm during the
week. Unbelievable that during the two phone conversations I had with
Reliance there about my arrival time (planned on arriving at 8:30p), the
clerks there failed to mention the severity of arriving after they close. I
am just as guilty for ASSuming that they would be open, given that the
airport serves a major US city.

In any case, I sat outside the airport for an hour and a half until a cab
came by that I could hire to take me to my meeting location. That was a very
miserable experience.

Another aviation bad memory for me to log, or as some would say, an adventure
worth telling.

--
Peter
Old January 21st 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow

"Peter R." wrote in message

Lesson learned the hard way: All the FBOs at Tamiami airport in Miami
closes
up tighter than a government office on a holiday after 9:30pm during the
week. Unbelievable that during the two phone conversations I had with
Reliance there about my arrival time (planned on arriving at 8:30p), the
clerks there failed to mention the severity of arriving after they close.
am just as guilty for ASSuming that they would be open, given that the
airport serves a major US city.

In any case, I sat outside the airport for an hour and a half until a cab
came by that I could hire to take me to my meeting location. That was a
very
miserable experience.

Sounds like when I flew into Heathrow after 10:00PM. Place was like a tomb.