Searching for Sink Rate

Old August 25th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bevhoward

Default Searching for Sink Rate

Newbie here... but, fwiw, I had over two decades of full time soaring
ending up owning and running a full time soaring center in central
texas (windermere soaring) until I completely flamed out and padlocked
the hangar doors in the early 80's

I'm currently trying to revive a quarter century old project of
writing a soaring textbook, a project that I began shortly after I
closed the school.

I think I have a good start and working this week with the idea of
publishing chapters online as I finish them. As I am working on one
on patterns, I find I have no good info on _full spoiler_ sink
rates... think a 2-33 at 55k is around 7/1.

Can anyone here help with figures for full spoiler sink rates for the
2-33 and current trainers at a general pattern speed (60mph?)

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard
Old August 25th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bevhoward

think a 2-33 at 55k is around 7/1

Just ran the numbers and that looks _way_ too low... from the
measurements of our pattern, it would require full spoiler approaches,
so, assume that it is much lower... 4/1 perhaps, but 2-33 manual and
searches come up devoid of solid figures.

Thanks again for your attention to this post,
Beverly Howard

Old August 25th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Aug 24, 8:03*pm, bevhoward wrote:
think a 2-33 at 55k is around 7/1

Yep, that's about how I remember the 2-33.
See ya, Dave
Old August 25th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Erik Braun[_2_]

bevhoward schrieb:
As I am working on one
on patterns, I find I have no good info on _full spoiler_ sink
rates.

You might have a look at the Idaflieg publications or ask them directly
). I have seen speed polars with full spoilers for
several gliders in one of the older reports (70s or 80s).

Regards, Erik.

Minumum Sink Rate/Best L/D at 17,000 feet ? [email protected] Soaring 42 April 16th 09 11:01 PM
Question: Standard rate turns, constant rate turns, and airspeed Robert Barker Piloting 5 April 15th 07 04:47 PM
My weird sink drain AES Piloting 11 April 13th 06 10:17 AM
will the CBS forgeries sink Kerry? Cub Driver Military Aviation 3 September 14th 04 12:12 AM
Rounding a turnpoint in sink CV Soaring 13 July 22nd 04 05:27 PM