FAA-NTSB

Old January 24th 05, 09:32 PM

Default FAA-NTSB

I wonder how close the FAA and NTSB work together, one is after the
fact and usually a result of improper before the fact procedure.
My gripe is with the FAA, I know of a company that is submitting
flasified data, can I prove it...yes if I had access to several areas I
will never have access to. What does the FAA do about it now that they
know..they agree its a broken system but they are powerless to police
it...they have to wait until a pattern of accidents points to what I
have been trying to tell them for several months now. How many of us
have has forced landings that we don't care to report to our local FAA
office...yea yea I know the rules but so does the company producing oil
coolers in Ohio that ships oil coolers without proper corrosion
protection. Tell this to the guy that fly's the islands ingesting salt
air into his cowl that has to water ditch because he ran out of oil
when corrosion ate through the oil cooler...NTSB isn't goin to dive
3000 feet to investigate this one so they get away with another one and
just say "the paperwork submitted "appeared" to be in order.

Old January 24th 05, 11:48 PM
John T Lowry

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It seems to me that, except in the case of air transport aircraft, the
NTSB is only interested in running through the most perfunctory
analysis. So I don't think you'll have much luck with them.

John Lowry
Flight Physics

Old January 25th 05, 12:08 AM
Dave S

John T Lowry wrote:

It seems to me that, except in the case of air transport aircraft, the
NTSB is only interested in running through the most perfunctory
analysis. So I don't think you'll have much luck with them.

John Lowry
Flight Physics

Or except in the case of... Celebreties... or politicians.. or son's
of dead presidents..

Dave

Old January 25th 05, 12:17 AM
Morgans

wrote

...yea yea I know the rules but so does the company producing oil
coolers in Ohio that ships oil coolers without proper corrosion
protection. Tell this to the guy that fly's the islands ingesting salt
air into his cowl that has to water ditch because he ran out of oil
when corrosion ate through the oil cooler...

Sounds like the sort of thing class action law suites are made for.
Advertise in some trade magazines, and see what kind of response you get.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 25th 05, 01:34 PM
Denny

If you don't have "access" to the areas where the work is being done,
then you don't know what is being done - period - so, you really don't
know anything...
And being that the majority of the population of the USA lives along
the coasts, therefore the majority of oil coolers flying are exposed to
salt air... Not all of them have to fall into the ocean and sink 3000
feet, so failed oil coolers would have wound up on land and been
exposed to FSDO and NTSB investigators...
And the coating of the coolers is visible to the eye...
And one would think that the mechanic who has to sign off the 100 hour
and the annual inspections would see the corrosion long before it eats
a hole through the tubes...
While it is possible that the manufacturer is making false
certifications it is not probable, so why should we believe you?

Denny

NTSB: USAF included? Larry Dighera Piloting 10 September 11th 05 10:33 AM
NTSB EDR Piloting 22 July 2nd 04 03:03 AM
Looking for a See and Avoid NTSB report Ace Pilot Piloting 2 June 10th 04 01:01 PM
This month's issue of NTSB Reporter Peter R. Piloting 4 November 28th 03 12:31 AM
NTSB 830.5 & 830.15? Mike Noel Owning 2 July 8th 03 05:51 AM