Cobra Carpet

Old August 25th 04, 05:07 AM
Janus2k

Default Cobra Carpet

The glue on the carpet holds fine, the carpet is seperating into two pieces.
I am sure I am not the only one that this is happened to.
What are the recommendations for carpet?

Thanks,

Mark Mahan
2K
Old August 25th 04, 06:08 AM
Eric Greenwell

Janus2k wrote:

The glue on the carpet holds fine, the carpet is seperating into two pieces.
I am sure I am not the only one that this is happened to.
What are the recommendations for carpet?

I just keep gluing the two pieces together, thinking eventually it will
be glue and no-foam carpet! Scraping the foam off the carpet may make it
happen sooner rather than later.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old August 26th 04, 04:31 AM
John Bojack

Visit your best auto upholstery shop.... they will have (should have) many
sample books with all types of appropriate carpet replacements in many
colors.

J4

Old August 28th 04, 12:06 AM
Dick Mockler

I was about to try to reglue the large piece of carpet located in the
lid over the brackets supporting the horizontal tail. It had
progressively detached itself beginning at the front all the way back
to the bracket and was hanging down about 30" leaving the foam
attached to the lid. I discovered that the foam was backed by a sticky
paper which could be pulled off leaving no trace. I am now looking
for asource for red carpeting with a sticky backing. Dick Mockler
Old August 28th 04, 04:22 AM
Eric Greenwell

Dick Mockler wrote:

I was about to try to reglue the large piece of carpet located in the
lid over the brackets supporting the horizontal tail. It had
progressively detached itself beginning at the front all the way back
to the bracket and was hanging down about 30" leaving the foam
attached to the lid. I discovered that the foam was backed by a sticky
paper which could be pulled off leaving no trace. I am now looking
for asource for red carpeting with a sticky backing. Dick Mockler

You can buy your own sticky backing and apply it to the carpet of your
choice: it's called "double sticky carpet tape", at almost any place
that sells tape. I don't know how it compares to carpet with adhesive,
or how well it holds the stuff on when the temperature gets high.

Since the foam in the original carpet is so thin and doesn't provide any
needed cushioning, I figured I'd look for suitable carpet without it,
and avoid the foam delamination problem.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA