finding approach chart URLs

Old May 14th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Default finding approach chart URLs

John T wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com
Sounds like you want to make it look like your web site is offering
charts but then get them from someone else?

What web site would that be?

I thought it just as likely he's trying to write his own chart retrieval app
to make his flight planning a bit easier.

That's exactly the case. I just like to fool around with creating
software for my own use. I write/maintain software for my day job, and I
like to take busman's holidays.

Not sure where Robert was coming from. Are you attributing some evil
motivation, Robert? Suppose I were doing as you suggest, Robert (which
I'm not). Are you saying that would be a BadThing? There are many such
web sites out there, I use them and appreciate them. Government data are
bought and paid for with my taxes. They are not copyrighted. I'm free to
republish them as I wish. No different from airnav.com's linking to
approach charts, or weather.com's repackaging of government weather data.

Dave