Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

Old March 10th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

I like the visibility of the flashing landing light...they really get your
attention. The Pulsar unit sold by Spruce for about $320 (single light,
mosfet, variable speed) is the only one I've seen advertised. They say 30
minute install for an under panel mount. They also say you simply need to
put two wires onto the landing light switch (the third wire goes I don't
remember where). I can't imagine doing anything at the switch pane in an
Archer would be easy.

Has anyone installed one?
--
Best Regards,
Mike.

http://flickr.com/photos/mikenoel/

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old March 10th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

We wrote up one in a Kitplanes article several years ago. We also (as I
vaguely remember) offered to sell the parts for our cost ($15 or so), kitted
up a dozen of them, but didn't get any takers. One of them is yours for a
SASE.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

Old March 11th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

www.rstengineering.com and then to "Contact Us".

www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes has the construction details and schematic
in one of the articles on this page.

Jim

Old March 11th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Rip[_3_]

RST Engineering wrote:
We wrote up one in a Kitplanes article several years ago. We also (as I
vaguely remember) offered to sell the parts for our cost ($15 or so), kitted
up a dozen of them, but didn't get any takers. One of them is yours for a
SASE.

Jim

SPAM! Take it to r.a.marketplace, Jim. Trying to unload your useless
castoffs doesn't qualify as as "owner" assistance.

Old March 11th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

I added the sender immediately to my block list. There are too many other
things to worry about these days to give such comments serious
consideration.

--

"Morgans" wrote in message
SPAM! Take it to r.a.marketplace, Jim. Trying to unload your useless
castoffs doesn't qualify as as "owner" assistance.

Hey, gang. Don't be nice to anyone else around here. You could be
accused of spamming the group.

If that was spam, bring it on.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 11th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

"Rip" wrote

SPAM! Take it to r.a.marketplace, Jim. Trying to unload your useless
castoffs doesn't qualify as as "owner" assistance.

Gag!

Man, give it a rest. Jim is doing something nice, and you want to jump him?

Sheesh. Listen to yourself, for just a minute. You should be ashamed.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 11th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

SPAM! Take it to r.a.marketplace, Jim. Trying to unload your useless
castoffs doesn't qualify as as "owner" assistance.

Hey, gang. Don't be nice to anyone else around here. You could be accused
of spamming the group.

If that was spam, bring it on.
--
Jim in NC

HID landing light [email protected] Home Built 2 July 10th 08 02:50 AM
HID Landing Light Kyle Boatright Home Built 23 February 18th 07 10:19 AM
Landing Light Flasher Circuit ELIPPSE Home Built 1 January 12th 05 07:05 PM
Landing light CB Hankal Piloting 15 August 30th 04 08:32 PM
Landing light Hankal Aviation Marketplace 0 July 14th 04 01:23 AM