Badwater Bill's Memorial Service

Old March 23rd 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ammeter

Default Badwater Bill's Memorial Service

For those of you that are near to Las Vegas....

The memorial service for Bill is April 18th (Saturday) at Palm Mortuary
6701 N. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89131 starting at 1:00pm
(702-464-8470) (800-542-2902)

Bill died in the crash of his homebuilt airplane on October 18, 2008
near Parowan, Utah. His wife, Janice, was severely injured in the
accident.

Oyster and I are coming down for the service and will be staying at the
Texas Station Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Anyone wishing to
hoist a drink in Billy's honor and memory is welcome to join us either
in the bar or our room.

Ed Sullivan, if you're still alive, come on over...

Jim Campbell, you're welcome to hoist one for Billy, too...

O'Ring, I know you're coming... get a room near us so we don't have to
travel that far after too many drinks, ok??

Tommy, maybe you ought to get a room so you can toss off a few for
Billy, too....

Jarvis, if you can find your way to the America's... we'll be waiting
for you to join us...

John "Anteater" Ammeter
Old March 23rd 09, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"John Ammeter" wrote

The memorial service for Bill is April 18th (Saturday) at Palm Mortuary 6701
N. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89131 starting at 1:00pm (702-464-8470)
(800-542-2902)

Bill died in the crash of his homebuilt airplane on October 18, 2008 near
Parowan, Utah. His wife, Janice, was severely injured in the accident.

Oyster and I are coming down for the service and will be staying at the Texas
Station Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Anyone wishing to hoist a drink
in Billy's honor and memory is welcome to join us either in the bar or our
room.

In memory of Bill, I realize this is probably not the time or place to go into
any kind of detailed (or any) answer, but for those of us that know of Bill only
through this group, I am still left wondering.

Is it known what caused the fateful crash? Perhaps a different thread, or wait
until later, but it was a bit of a shaker, to know someone as experienced as
Bill lost it, and perhaps there is something else for us all to learn from it
all.

And, also, I never heard how Janice is doing? I hope she has recovered from her
physical trauma, at least.

Sincerely wondering,
Jim in NC

Old March 23rd 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ammeter

Jim,

I sent you a private email. If I didn't get the right address for you,
try emailing me by removing the "123" from my address here.

John

"John Ammeter" wrote

Old March 24th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RogerN

"John Ammeter" wrote in message
news:cO2dnWwn7PqpnlrUnZ2dnUVZ_q_inZ2d@cablespeedmi .com...
[...]

I haven't been reading this newsgroup for years and just learned of BWB's
accident and death tonight. In the posts I've read years ago from him I
came to the opinion that he'd trash a poster considering them a worthless
piece of crap, but if that same poster was in trouble he'd go out of his way
and spend his own time and money to help someone out. He seemed to like to
mix it up on the newsgroup but if there ever was a serious problem I think
he had it in his heart to help. I guess another way to say it, I saw
through his grumpy old ******* act and saw a good hearted man. I read some
posts from back in October and unfortunately some didn't see through his
act.

RogerN

Old March 24th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ammeter

Roger,

You've described Bill Phillips to a "T"... I know he paid for the
travel expenses of someone (not named, of course) to Pinckneyville one
year.

Oyster and I visited him once and the first night he brought out 4 beef
roasts... told us these were our steaks for that nights dinner. It took
almost an hour to cook them on the BBQ.

The next night he had 15 pounds of King Crab legs for us... four of us
at the dinner table. Before that I'd have said no one could put too
much crab in front of me.. that I could eat and eat crab.. he proved me
wrong. His story was that he'd got a "bargain" on the crab. A year or
two later we were talking about it and he confessed he'd paid dearly for
the crab but he'd wanted to "treat" us..

That was Billy... he was generous to his friends... he would,
literally, do anything for you if you needed help. But, if you tried to
take advantage of him he'd do his damnedest to put you down and show you
for the mooch you were... some people earned his disgust... and he
wasn't one to hold back with his opinion.

Like I posted before... a few of us will be at the Texas Station
Saturday night. Anyone that would like to join us in toasting Badwater
Bill, the biggest Asshole that ever walked the Earth and flew through
the skies... leave a message for me at the hotel. I'm sure you can
leave a message on my room phone. I'd give my cell phone number but I'm
afraid some numbnut would take advantage of that...

John

Old March 24th 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan Camper

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:05:45 -0700, John Ammeter wrote:

Anyone that would like to join us in toasting Badwater
Bill, the biggest Asshole that ever walked the Earth and flew through
the skies... l

May I?

Question: Why is it when someone croaks there is always a "if you were
his friend" story? My bet is if it rains, no one will show for the
asshole's funeral.
--
http://tr.im/1f9p

Old March 24th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Dan Camper wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:05:45 -0700, John Ammeter wrote:

Anyone that would like to join us in toasting Badwater
Bill, the biggest Asshole that ever walked the Earth and flew through
the skies... l

May I?

Question: Why is it when someone croaks there is always a "if you were
his friend" story? My bet is if it rains, no one will show for the
asshole's funeral.

I guess you didn't know him...

Old March 25th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ທ້າວໃຂ່ມືດ

On Mar 22, 11:34*pm, John Ammeter
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the heads up John.