Oshkosh 2003 photo's are up

Old August 5th 03, 07:36 AM
Morgans

Default Oshkosh 2003 photo's are up

"Dennis" wrote in message
If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's, I put them on my
site..

http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2003

And if you want to see last years photo's

http://www.MyAirplane.com/oshkosh2002

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

Nice pics. I do have two requests, for the future.

Would it be possible to get all of the pictures to appear like a slide show,
full screen? How about some captions. I would love to know more of the
story on some of those!
--
---Jim in NC---

Old August 5th 03, 09:29 AM
Grumman-581

"Dennis" wrote ...
If anyone cares to see a few hundred Oshkosh photo's,
I put them on my site..

Dennis... The way that you created the 'thumbnails' is not really
thumbnails... Using the HTML IMAGE tag to resize the images ends up
happening on the client side, so you end up transferring the entire image
down to the client instead of a true thumbnail image... If you are going to
do it this way, you might as well put the full images on the HTML pages and
forget about the links to the JPG images since you're just doubling your
network traffic with your current mechansim...

Just thought I would mention it in case you weren't aware of how it
worked... If this was what you intended, feel free to ignore my comments...

Old August 5th 03, 12:11 PM
Dennis

If you can not read some of the text in the pictures, send me and email (you
can get off my web site, I get to much spam to post here) and I'll forward
to you the orginal, these pictures were orginaly over a meg in size and
2560x1920 pixels..

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

Old August 5th 03, 12:21 PM
Dennis

Here is the shocker.. I did not attend Oshkosh myself this year, a friend
(and co-worker) that I let use my plane to learn in, went and took these
pictures for me in return... He is getting ready to buy a Velocity kit and
went for the workshops and such.

I was to buried with work to go this year.. Another friend was going to
lend me his mobile home for the trip! ARGH! I get sick just thinking about
what I missed..

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

"Morgans" post/the/group.here.net wrote in message

"Grumman-581" wrote

Slideshow and captions? Damn, you want a lot... grin That would

require
a lot more editing from him... For the most part, it would require a
sequential HTML file for each photo with the comment being in the HTML

file
and it also displaying the photo and the controlling script would just

loop
through the sequentially numbered HTML files...

Then again, after taking all those photos at Oshkosh, he might have
forgotten what all they were about by now... grin

Yes, it is a lot to ask, but there is some real neaqt looking sh*t in

there.
"I" really like all of the under the hood pictures.
--
---Jim in NC---

Old August 5th 03, 12:28 PM
Morgans

"Dennis" wrote in message
Here is the shocker.. I did not attend Oshkosh myself this year, a friend
(and co-worker) that I let use my plane to learn in, went and took these
pictures for me in return... He is getting ready to buy a Velocity kit

and
went for the workshops and such.

I was to buried with work to go this year.. Another friend was going

lend me his mobile home for the trip! ARGH! I get sick just thinking

about
what I missed..

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

I FULLY understand. I underwent back surgery two weeks ago, and could not
go this year. I am now flat on my back recovering... This will all be
worthwhile if I can get a medical and get into the air. I still miss being
there, and seeing it in pictures just makes me want to know what I missed.

I normally am an Aviation Explorers advisor, and they do all of the
homebuilt showplane parking, and also point at the north, middle and center
intersections of Papa taxiway. Sounds like I didn't miss much as far as
camping weather goes!
--
---Jim in NC---

Old August 5th 03, 12:33 PM
Morgans

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
If you can not read some of the text in the pictures, send me and email

(you
can get off my web site, I get to much spam to post here) and I'll forward
to you the orginal, these pictures were orginaly over a meg in size and
2560x1920 pixels..

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

Was there text on any of the pictures I somehow missed?
--
---Jim in NC---

Old August 5th 03, 02:30 PM
Jay Honeck

Sounds like I didn't miss much as far as
camping weather goes!

For sure! We came home with a different tent than we arrived with...

Still, a bad day camping in OSH is better than a good day anywhere else...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 5th 03, 02:47 PM
Montblack

Best of luck to you on the back surgery recovery.

I've been off surgery Vicidin for over a month. However for Oshkosh, I took
one pill in the morning and one in the afternoon, the two days I was walking
the flight line. It was precautionary, so I don't know if I needed to or
not, but I think I'm glad I did. The upside is, my feet never bothered me.
:-)

I was in the dorms, so paid little attention to the after 10pm evening
weather, unless a thunder clap knocked me out of bed.

The weather for walking around Oshkosh was pretty good for the 4 days I was
there. Thur (7-31) it rained from 2pm - 3pm...I had just arrived, so I
listened to the scanner in the car until the rain stopped - and they could
start the airshow. Sunday (8-3) was rain and lightning at 3pm - delayed the
start of the air show. Other than that it was perfect county fair weather
Thu - Sun.

--
Montblack

("Morgans" wrote)
I FULLY understand. I underwent back surgery two weeks ago, and could not
go this year. I am now flat on my back recovering... This will all be
worthwhile if I can get a medical and get into the air. I still miss

being
there, and seeing it in pictures just makes me want to know what I missed.

snip
Sounds like I didn't miss much as far as camping weather goes!